Db's and our Coaching

twalcott5

Freshman
Understanding that our Team has not improved since the first game of the season, As Championships do(as a matter of fact we've greatly digressed), we have to break down our MANNY, MANNY deficiencies down and focus on solutions. DL issues, LB issues, DB issues, WR's, OL, QB, etc., etc., etc.

When you watch our games, there's a lot of confusion with our Cb's and Safeties. No one seems to know who is to cover whom and when. Our scheme sucks too by the way. Blown coverages game in and game out abound. There's no communications between the Cb's and Safeties. At Alabama Saban coaches all their Db's. I think it's about time that we have "1" competent Db's coach coaching all Db's. Neither one of our Cb's and Safeties coaches seem to know what the **** they are doing. Ed Reed anyone??

We have to get our heads and asses out of the sand and focus on our problems and find solutions. If we have a .500 record the second have of the season, we will be lucky as ****!!!

Assistant coaches are getting fired regularly right now. Why not us?

Wake up guys. The Clemson game exposed all of our weaknesses!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
@Go Canes!!, could you please respond to this so I can hit the Agree button.

1603800176718.jpeg

@Go Canes!!, could you please respond to this so I can hit the Agree button.
I love the U. Don't love our product on the field. Football is a game of adjustments, specially coaching adjustments which we seem to have forgotten. It's about time we coach properly and send the right fuching messages to everyone.

I love the U. Don't love our product on the field. Football is a game of adjustments, specially coaching adjustments which we seem to have forgotten. It's about time we coach properly and send the right fuching messages to everyone.
I'm not doubting your love for the U. But for the topic at hand...

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

Advertisement
I'm not doubting your love for the U. But for the topic at hand...

beating a dead horse wtf GIF
You eat an Elephant one bite at a time and hopfefully you don't start on the wrong end, and we're definitely a "Big *** Broken Elephant".
What is your solution? Obviously firing the head coach covers all the bases!!

Although I am also Cuban, like Manny, I am not a blind *** Cuban. You either get the job done or you're out, regardless of your heritage, religion, or race.

Respect is not something that you demand, it's something you command through your day in day out actions. Manny has not earned the respect of his Team or the Fan base through his "Coaching Actions".

You eat an Elephant one bite at a time and hopfefully you don't start on the wrong end.
What is your solution? Obviously firing the head coach covers all the bases!!

Although I am also Cuban, like Manny, I am not a bling *** Cuban. You either get the job done or you're out, regardless of your heritage, religion, or race.
That's one of my favorite sayings.

Ain't nobody going nowhere at this program this year if we finish with a better record than last year. It would take a total and complete breakdown to force a change at this point. This has been discussed ad nauseam and that's the only reason I commented.

It is rather funny to me that you reference the tried and true, "you eat an elephant one bite at a time" but fully expect Manny to turn EVERYTHING around yesterday.
Let's be honest for a bit. He inherited a ****, albeit a somewhat shiny ****, but a **** nonetheless. Richt saw what was coming, he got out while he could and saved face. This was NEVER going to be an overnight turnaround. They never are. Alabama was WAY down before they came back, Clemson couldn't do anything right, including beating their rival usc for years and their fan base was calling for Dabo's head early in his career. Both of those schools stuck it out and waited as they took the time to do things correctly and right the ship. Now they are the top 2 teams in the country year after year. So why don't you and all the other MOPES around here heed your own advice and eat that elephant, one bite at a time, and field a consistent winning program.

That's one of my favorite sayings.

Ain't nobody going nowhere at this program this year if we finish with a better record than last year. It would take a total and complete breakdown to force a change at this point. This has been discussed ad nauseam and that's the only reason I commented.
I feel it Brah. We're all frustrated as **** because the solutions are so **** obvious.

What do we want? An average team, which we have had for several years, or a championship Team? I watched the 1990"s and 2000's Canes Teams play growing up and our product on the field nowadays is shamefull. No comparison at all.

Advertisement
It is rather funny to me that you reference the tried and true, "you eat an elephant one bite at a time" but fully expect Manny to turn EVERYTHING around yesterday.
Let's be honest for a bit. He inherited a ****, albeit a somewhat shiny ****, but a **** nonetheless. Richt saw what was coming, he got out while he could and saved face. This was NEVER going to be an overnight turnaround. They never are. Alabama was WAY down before they came back, Clemson couldn't do anything right, including beating their rival usc for years and their fan base was calling for Dabo's head early in his career. Both of those schools stuck it out and waited as they took the time to do things correctly and right the ship. Now they are the top 2 teams in the country year after year. So why don't you and all the other MOPES around here heed your own advice and eat that elephant, one bite at a time, and field a consistent winning program.
One good example of my point is that I watched Jimmy Johnson, at the U and Dallas Cowboys, go through growing pains earlier in his career however there's one missing factor you are overlooking. In Jimmy's, Dabo or Saban's cases you saw coaching Leadership, a plan and improvements from game to game. No such thing here Brah.

You probly made with same arguments in favor of Golden and Richt. Neither one of those guys were Leaders. I also followed Richt's career at UGA for 10 years!! Very nice Christian man, no Leadership however. Lots of 2nd place finishes.

One good example of my point is that I watched Jimmy Johnson, at the U and Dallas Cowboys, go through growing pains earlier in his career however there's one missing factor you are overlooking. In Jimmy's, Dabo or Saban's cases you saw coaching Leadership, a plan and improvements from game to game. No such thing here Brah.

You probly made with same arguments in favor of Golden and Richt. Neither one of those guys were Leaders. I also followed Richt's career at UGA for 10 years!! Very nice Christian man, no Leadership however. Lots of 2nd place finishes.

To be perfectly honest, the only thing I liked about Golden was his ability to keep our noses clean enough to get through the scandal. Other than that, I knew he was not THE guy.
Richt, was too far passed his prime and too stubborn to change which was glaringly obvious, so again, no.
Manny, kind of reminds me of early Dabo which is why I have not come close to losing hope like so many others on here.

We don’t shell out the big bucks for big money coaches. So we get these results. Although look at lsu. Big money coaches. Big money recruits. Pretty bad results so far. But they seem to be improving. Our guys just don’t seem to be as heavily coached up. Our d line has no pass rush moves. It’s a bull rush or speed on the outside. Linebackers are trash. Maybe that’s just the players. DBs have lapses all the time

To be perfectly honest, the only thing I liked about Golden was his ability to keep our noses clean enough to get through the scandal. Other than that, I knew he was not THE guy.
Richt, was too far passed his prime and too stubborn to change which was glaringly obvious, so again, no.
Manny, kind of reminds me of early Dabo which is why I have not come close to losing hope like so many others on here.
My Professional life is in Quality/process Improvements Engineering, in which and after an event we usually ask 3 simple questions:

1)What worked?

2)What didn't work?

3)What do we need to do to prevent re-occurrences, fuch ups?

Football is not Rocket Science however the reviewing approaches should be the same.

Question-

Are we correcting problems with Coaching and players fuch ups/efforts after each game? the answer is a resounding "No". Jimmy, Dabo and Saban had not room for that lack of expected performance.

Manny reminds you of a young Dabo?? I've met both man, Dabo 15 years ago, Manny last year and there's no freaking comparison between the two men when they were younger. No way in ****!!

Advertisement
We don’t shell out the big bucks for big money coaches. So we get these results. Although look at lsu. Big money coaches. Big money recruits. Pretty bad results so far. But they seem to be improving. Our guys just don’t seem to be as heavily coached up. Our d line has no pass rush moves. It’s a bull rush or speed on the outside. Linebackers are trash. Maybe that’s just the players. DBs have lapses all the time
It's all about the coaching. Both Dabo and Saban are involved in "ALL ASPECTS" of coaching their Team, and if someone fuchs up, they hear and see it from their Coaches real time.

Slip n slide literally picked and chose every player on Defense. The Offense has talent. Stop with the bull**** excuses!

Advertisement
Slip n slide literally picked and chose every player on Defense. The Offense has talent. Stop with the bull**** excuses!

I’m over the whole Manny needs time to rebuild. He helped build the culture and he built this defense. Blake James only removed part of the cancer we had in the football program when he made Richt decide to retire

LOL another ”but Dabo got better” post.

How did Golden and Shannon do? Or any of the literally hundreds of other bad coaches that failed at big programs this decade? Dabo is the exception, not the rule.

With that said I wouldn’t fire Diaz unless it was for certain the next Pete Carrol type coach or if Mario was interested. Otherwise it’s just gonna be another uninspiring garbage coach and around we go.

UAB - 14 points allowed (7 off short field following a TO)
UL - 20 points surrendered through 3 quarters, backups allowed 14 in 4th.
FSU - 10 points allowed.
Clem - offense did nothing all night. 11 point game at half.
Pitt - 19 points (7 off a short field following a TO)
UVA - 14 points (7 on blowed coverage)

All things considered I still feel better about the defense than I do the offense. This is gonna sound like excuses but it's still a new defense from a personnel standpoint, and it's still a defense that isn't getting a ton of help from its offense. Clemson and Louisville were stinkers but there's been more good than bad. Nearly everyone playing a major role is doing so for the first time at Miami this season.

Roche and Phillips - had never played a down in this defense prior to 2020.
Ford & Silvera - only DL in last year's 2-deep
Miller - entering his 2nd year of playing in reserve role.
McCloud - played in 4 games in 2019.
Jennings - DNP in 2019.
Steed - DNP in 2019.
Brooks - started 1 game in 2019.
Bolden - played in 5 games in 2019.
Frierson - was behind Finley all of 2019.
Carter - can't stay on the field. He could help us.
Hall, Blades, Ivey, Couch - each in their 2nd year of major action.

Hunte, Harvey, Williams, Blissett, Holley, Flagg, Smith, Balom are experiencing live bullets for the first time.

@Go Canes!! hit 'em with the UVA drive chart!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back