DB Marcus Clarke & WR Keyshawn Smith get 4 stars on final 24/7 rankings

dedostheibis

Senior
pair of Miami Hurricanes are now considered four-star recruits by 247Sports.

The 247Sports rankings council related its final major update for the Class of 2020 on Tuesday and both cornerback Marcus Clarkeand wide receiver Keyshawn Smith were awarded an extra star.

Clarke made played on both sides of the ball this past season for Winter Park totaling 984 yards and 14 touchdowns on offense while adding 15 tackles, six pass break-ups and an interceptions on defense. He also returned a punt for a touchdown.

"Marcus Clarke has been one of the most impactful players in the Sunshine State over the last couple seasons, making things happen on offense, defense and special teams," 247Sports' Steve Wiltfong said. "A touchdown waiting to happen when the ball is in his hands, Clarke can light up the scoreboard as a receiver or return man, and defensively he’s a smooth, rangy athlete that shows playmaking ability on that side of the ball as well."

Clarke won't start classes at Miami until May as he's still finishing up high school.

Smith on the other hand is already in Coral Gables.

The lengthy wideout, who originally signed with Washington State before getting released from his NLI after Mike Leach left to become the head coach at Mississippi State, was a late take for the Hurricanes. He caught 46 passes for 808 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior at San Diego Lincoln. That's after a junior season in which he totaled 1,000 yards receiving and scored 14 touchdowns.

"Smith is one of the most dynamic playmakers out West," 247Sports' Greg Biggins said. "He has been highly productive for the last two years and shows game breaking ability with the ball in his hands. He’s also a dangerous return man and has a chance to be a real impact player for the 'Canes."

With Clarke and Smith both now considered four-star recruits, the Hurricanes will likely finish the cycle with nine signees/commits that have been given a grade of 90 or better by 247Sports.

The others are: Belen Jesuit running back Don Chaney Jr., Oakleaf defensive end Chantz Williams, Deerfield Beach running back Jaylan Knighton, Oakleaf offensive lineman Jalen Rivers, IMG Academy wide receiver Michael Redding III, Hialeah Champagnat-Catholic safety Jalen Harrell and Tucker (Ga.) cornerback Isaiah Dunson.

Advertisement
Finally I can get some rest tonight! (x2)
giphy.gif

Advertisement
aNTi mIaMi bIaS

In all seriousness these are well deserved bumps.

Clarke is a projection to defense and his testing #s are oddly subpar but he has the "it factor" with his movement and playmaking on the football field. Gives me Stefon Diggs vibes - another disappointing tester who a lot of people (draft media) were down on.

Smith is a can't miss guy who was under the radar for...reasons? But clearly 247 got caught up on him after he committed.

Great posts and agree on the deserved nods.

In other news, the Alabama bias is so funny: Some of their guys getting extra bumps while Clemson/UGA have not so they can move to being the number 1 class after being nearly tied at number 1 on 247 sports.

Just to give y’all a heads up. Don is no longer a 5* talent according to the crooting sites.

Advertisement
I've been super high on Clarke ever since I saw his junior tape. Wiltfong has loved him for awhile as well. Obviously I didn't know Smith before he committed to us but sounds like we got an absolute steal. Hidden nugget on both from that article is both have return ability, something we have been lacking in for a long time.

Advertisement
Did they remember that Clarke and Smith are committed/signed to the Canes? They’re not supposed to give future Canes a bump up. That’s not how any of this works.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back