2023 DB Conrad Hussey receives offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Fire JT then hire him in March. Faaaak the NCAA, this is stupid af. Why shouldnt it be a plus you can go somewhere someone you know is at?
The other option: sign with a juco for a class this summer then transfer to Miami.

How the F can Hunter follow prime yet a HS kid can’t do the same almost a year later?

So we cannot sign any kids from STA (JT) or Central (Roland Smith) next year unless the kid is willing to sit out a year? Nothing against either coach, but I just don’t think it makes sense to put the two top programs in you backyard effectively off limits.

Advertisement
I told @252cane in pm other day that the rule existed , I assumed they had a way around it or a loophole of some kind. My guess would be Fsu since that’s where all the smoke started when things got tricky.
I’m sure your new avatar is related to “staying hot on the trail” and not “we are a dumpster fire.” Lol

Ok, either Miami staff thinks/thought there was a way around the rule (hopefully the case) or their compliance folks are embarrassingly inept. As noted above, they were aware of the rule a year earlier in signing Wes, so difficult to imagine they wouldn't be up to speed in the Hussey/Taylor situation. If the rule was tweaked, then shame on staff for being unaware. Why wouldn't you be up to speed or confirm your understanding of the rule before putting in time, effort and money recruiting Hussey? And if Manny was about to lose Hussey, you can be sure he made folks aware of the rule.

Fire JT then hire him in March. Faaaak the NCAA, this is stupid af. Why shouldnt it be a plus you can go somewhere someone you know is at?
JT is way more important than Hussey and/or any recruit we might get from there up until the hold ends in '24 (supposedly)

Advertisement
Advertisement
The rule was adopted to prevent schools from getting an advantage in recruiting by hiring a recruit's coach in a "support role." JT left STA the moment his younger son finished his senior season, because he coached at STA to coach his sons. He took the job at UM in order to build his coaching resume. UM gained absolutely no advantage in recruiting Hussey by hiring JT in a support role. That is not to say that Hussey doesn't like JT, he does, but Hussey's desire to pick UM was based in proximity to his home and not a desire to play for a team JT is involved with. The application of the rule in this case did a tremendous disservice to Hussey and his family. The NCAA is a bullsh1t organization.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back