2023 DB Conrad Hussey receives offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
What rule is/was it though? Is it the school can't recruit a kid who has family and/or a former coach on staff? If so, yea, that's a non-issue.

in 16 or 17 the NCAA added a rule stating FBS school can hire a high school coach as one its 10 on-field coaches, but cannot add one to its support staff - which is a critical professional stepping stone – unless the college has not recruited one of the high school coach's players in the past two years.

The idea behind it was that the 5 star kids head coaches would be giving a fat salary and an easy off the field job to bring in their 5 start kids to the school. Michigan was a big on doing it, Rashawn Gary, the LB Bush, and i think one or two other top guys as well.

Advertisement
in 16 or 17 the NCAA added a rule stating FBS school can hire a high school coach as one its 10 on-field coaches, but cannot add one to its support staff - which is a critical professional stepping stone – unless the college has not recruited one of the high school coach's players in the past two years.

The idea behind it was that the 5 star kids head coaches would be giving a fat salary and an easy off the field job to bring in their 5 start kids to the school. Michigan was a big on doing it, Rashawn Gary, the LB Bush, and i think one or two other top guys as well.
1671664873151.jpeg

I know Hussey didn’t sign yesterday, but is there any info on when he’s actually going to sign? If I remember correctly STA kids can’t enroll early, so maybe he waits until February.

Advertisement
I know Hussey didn’t sign yesterday, but is there any info on when he’s actually going to sign? If I remember correctly STA kids can’t enroll early, so maybe he waits until February.
Correct. STA's academic program doesn't allow for early graduation. I believe that's same for all parochial schools, but could be wrong.

But we got Roland Smith and Bisainthe last year so it should be no issue.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back