2023 DB Bryce Thornton

ZeroBeachCane3

Senior
Premium

On3 article on his top 5

-Over 30 schools have offered Bryce Thornton. Most of those have now been eliminated.

The four-star safety out of Milton (Ga.) is one of the most coveted prospects in the Peach State and he has narrowed his list to five schools.

The 5-foot-10, 185-pound junior is down to Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Miami.

“It came down to the love, how I feel about those schools, and the relationships I have with the coaches,” Thornton told On3. “Those five schools have put a lot of time into recruiting me, they have made me feel important, and now I will take my official visits to those schools.”

The No. 27 safety in the country is working on scheduling his official visits now. He plans to take those in the summer with a decision coming in August.

“I want to be committed before my senior year. I have visited all the schools in the top five besides Miami, but each official visit will be important.

“The education part, the player development, the people around campus, and the campus life are all important to me. There is a lot that will go into my commitment, so I have a lot to look at on each official visit.”

Thornton dives into his final five

ALABAMA: “It is about the people at Alabama. The coaches have recruited me hard and they have gotten to know me. There are great people there that know how to coach and how to win. Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) was recruiting me hard at Miami and he is doing the same at Alabama. Our connection is strong.”

FLORIDA: “I have visited Florida twice and I get a good vibe down there. I have been talking to coach Toney, the defensive coordinator, and he has really made a good impression on me. I like the coaches, I like Gainesville, and the vibe feels good for me down there.”

GEORGIA: “My dad played at Georgia and my mom went to school there, so I know a lot about Georgia, and I had to keep them on here. Then you have coach Smart and coach Muschamp there, two great coaches, and there has been good communication.”

LSU: “LSU was one of my favorite schools since I was little. I saw practice and I liked the energy and how the players competed. The coaches are cool too. The new staff has some good people on it.”

MIAMI: “I have a great relationship with coach Van Dyke and he is really heavy into me. He was the second coach to offer me, so our relationship started early. The way he recruits me played a big part in Miami making the list. I have not visited yet, but I feel good about my connection with him and Miami as a school.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Its not duh. Its not a must to happen. Why players that are not highly rated end up at smaller schools and become a beast? Or even go to big school with low rating then explode?
It’s duh based on his OV list. He is obviously underrated based on those visits.

Advertisement
Bruce's kid. Time really flies. Older brother (Bruce) is a hooper. Their dad (Bruce) played at uga. From area where I grew up.

Advertisement
Told On3 he has a final 2 of Bama and Florida
Bama in his final 2
Bama’s staff:
1661195138667.jpeg

Advertisement
Grew up in West Point. My high school (Troup) is in Lagrange. Bruce played at our crosstown rival (Lagrange High).

What you know about Lagrange, Go?!! Lol
My college teammate was from there and would go on n on about their team this is early 2000s apparently they were good.

Matter of fact now that i think of it...he went to Troup and is Bruce Thorntons brother or cousin.

Advertisement
Back