DB’s from the Tampa area you should know

Oladokun is NICE. I like that Iowa likes him, I trust their evals more than ours.

Apparently he was pushed out, Ferentz is extremely strict (you must shut down your recruitment 100% once you commit or get kicked & their players aren't allowed to have social media) and Jordan not tryna do all that lol. An Iowa writer said that the coaching staff told him they don't recruit Florida much because the kids here play too many games lol
Sounds about right

Advertisement
Still can't believe Jalil Core signed with FAMU. I figured he has the talent to goto a bigger school.

I can..the people that were giving him advice are the dumbest.

kid had a FSU offer & didn’t commit..no one knows what he was waiting on

I can..the people that were giving him advice are the dumbest.

kid had a FSU offer & didn’t commit..no one knows what he was waiting on
****... I remember the kid went from playing youth football to starting safety at Armwood and never released the gig, 2 time Hillsborough County DPOY. **** they had an All American DT that's going to UNC and another DT that is supposed to be good as well. School produces D1 talent on the regular.

You think that was on his coaches at Armwood or just folks advising him?

****... I remember the kid went from playing youth football to starting safety at Armwood and never released the gig, 2 time Hillsborough County DPOY. **** they had an All American DT that's going to UNC and another DT that is supposed to be good as well. School produces D1 talent on the regular.

You think that was on his coaches at Armwood or just folks advising him?

both coaches at Armwood & his folks. Kid should’ve been committed bc he’s technically undersized at his spot. I thought he was a better DB than the kid from Rockledge.

Advertisement
Somebody need to let Rumph I mean let Banda and DVD know about him. On second thought keep Rumph away from this kid. **** shame, we’re tweaking for Iowa scraps at CB.

Don't look at it as "Iowa scraps".

Think about it as "Gaither isn't viewed as a powerhouse HS, and doesn't get recruited much".

Outside of the 2021 class (where they have 4 kids rated at Oladokun's level or higher), and then maybe the 2022 class (two 3-stars), Gaither hasn't had a lot of Power Five talent EVER. Gaither had a 4-star RB who went to South Carolina about 10 years ago, and they have 4-star DB Jordan Young who is committed to The Gaytor currently. People might remember Carlton Mitchell, a 3-star WR we recruited for a few minutes about 15 years ago. And Kenny Kelly's son goes there now (and is one of the 4 highly-rated 2021 kids).

Oladokun is a bit smaller than Jordan Young (2 inches shorter), which probably accounts for the rankings differential.

Oh, and besides Iowa, the programs he has the highest "interest" in are ACC teams Louisville and Pitt.

We need to make that call. I'd love to get Brown and Marshall, but we need to get talent. We can't save all our ICs for portal kids (and we'd **** sure better hope that the NCAA lets us take portal kids without counting as ICs).

Advertisement
Don't look at it as "Iowa scraps".

Think about it as "Gaither isn't viewed as a powerhouse HS, and doesn't get recruited much".

Outside of the 2021 class (where they have 4 kids rated at Oladokun's level or higher), and then maybe the 2022 class (two 3-stars), Gaither hasn't had a lot of Power Five talent EVER. Gaither had a 4-star RB who went to South Carolina about 10 years ago, and they have 4-star DB Jordan Young who is committed to The Gaytor currently. People might remember Carlton Mitchell, a 3-star WR we recruited for a few minutes about 15 years ago. And Kenny Kelly's son goes there now (and is one of the 4 highly-rated 2021 kids).

Oladokun is a bit smaller than Jordan Young (2 inches shorter), which probably accounts for the rankings differential.

Oh, and besides Iowa, the programs he has the highest "interest" in are ACC teams Louisville and Pitt.

We need to make that call. I'd love to get Brown and Marshall, but we need to get talent. We can't save all our ICs for portal kids (and we'd **** sure better hope that the NCAA lets us take portal kids without counting as ICs).
Yeah, didn’t mean Oladokun was trash. Was referring more about our Dire situation at CB recruiting. Hoping and really Needing to CLOSE Oladokun an Iowa decommit! That’s really Sad!!!

Advertisement
Back