Daylon Charlot

Official Cane Gang

Sophomore
Will visit officially.
His hometown has made its opinion known, too.

"Every person I see says 'Go to LSU,'" he said.

Alabama will have a chance to get Charlot back in the fold when he takes an official visit to Tuscaloosa on Jan. 16. He could also take official visits to Miami and Arizona State.

He will wait until National Signing Day to make his final decision. Between now and then, he'll continue to look at which school gives him the best chance to play as a freshman.

"Opportunities," he said about what the biggest factor will be. "Where I can get on the field early."

Advertisement
Advertisement
This kid is looking for a free trip! End of story. Yet UM wouldn't offer Jalen Julius or the Davis kid from Jacksonville.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/12/four-star_wr_daylon_charlot_sa.html

4-star WR Daylon Charlot says he's no longer committed to Alabama
John Talty
on December 30, 2014 at 12:56 PM, updated December 30, 2014

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - Daylon Charlot set the record straight Tuesday: He is not committed to Alabama.

Charlot has been in the middle of a major LSU-Alabama battle, prompting speculation galore that he was no longer committed to the Crimson Tide. He committed to Alabama last February, but other schools continued to pursue him.

His recruitment took a soap opera turn after an official visit to LSU. He reportedly told LSU's staff he had decommitted, but told Alabama's staff he was still committed. On Tuesday, Charlot made it clear he wasn't committed.

"I'm not committed as of now, but on signing day I will commit," Charlot said. "Other than that, I'm just looking around to see what else is out there."

Despite his decommitment, the four-star wide receiver from Patterson, La. says Alabama is still his top school. With Alabama expected to lose four wide receivers, including Heisman Trophy finalist Amari Cooper, Charlot sees a great opportunity for early playing time. Alabama coaches like Billy Napier and Burton Burns have pointed that out frequently in their pitches to him.

But LSU has the home state appeal. The school's Baton Rouge campus is only a little more than an hour away from his house and the school has played up the hometown angle heavily. LSU coaches have told him all of his family and friends would be able to see him play if he stayed home and went to LSU.

His hometown has made its opinion known, too.

"Every person I see says 'Go to LSU,'" he said.

Alabama will have a chance to get Charlot back in the fold when he takes an official visit to Tuscaloosa on Jan. 16. He could also take official visits to Miami and Arizona State.

He will wait until National Signing Day to make his final decision. Between now and then, he'll continue to look at which school gives him the best chance to play as a freshman.

"Opportunities," he said about what the biggest factor will be. "Where I can get on the field early."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid said in the past he would commit with a offer. So I would chill with that accusation

Well 3 days ago he said his Top 3 are Bama-LSU -ASU. He is from Louisiana with an offer from LSU, come on now. The kid can play, but he is not worth losing Dexter & Julius over just in case he is not trolling Miami for a free trip.

The kid most likely saw the 30 for 30 part 2 an wants to come see Miami in person, and our staff is falling for it.

Advertisement
Back