Davonte Brown to FSUck

Advertisement
Well he didn't leave UCF because he sucked, he was literally one of the best CB's in the Nation at UCF.

I'm almost 100% certain he won't play anything like he did at Miami.
Yeah I know he was pretty good starting out at UCF but I thought word was he kinda struggled his last year there. Either way, I'll still go by what I saw this year. I mean is it even a guarantee he'll get a ton of playing time for fsu? Don't they have like a 100 DBs currently lol

Fvck it.... I'll bet. I'm banking on the fact that, he is who he is. He stinks. He's on his 3rd team for a reason.
Just to be clear, I'm only judging based on if he plays CB at fsu like he did here. I do think we should have gave him Safety reps tho. Heard fsu might.

How much yall wanna bet he plays significantly better at FSU?
Andre The Giant No GIF

Advertisement
I didnt think he was very good at al in his last year at UCF. The prior year is when he played well. Not sure why the drop-off but thats two years in a row he has been bad and under different staffs. Maybe FSU can get him back to that 2021 year but I wouldn't count on it.

How much yall wanna bet he plays significantly better at FSU?

What are the terms?

At some point in his time at UCF, he started to lose snaps because he was getting beat often off the line.

Here, the issue got progressively worse thru the spring until he was unplayable near the end of summer camp. It was so bad they couldn’t out him on the field to risk PI and holding penalties.

He’s always been “sticky”, but now it’s far beyond what is allowed by the rules. He’ll still be in the ACC, and so ario be subject to the same ticky tack flags he got here.

Unless he’s fixed his footwork and grabbing issues, he’s finished.

Well he didn't leave UCF because he sucked, he was literally one of the best CB's in the Nation at UCF.

I agree on why he left but then that invokes the question of why was he objectively bad here. Like was it he was just facing better WR? Was it he no longer had a chip on his shoulder and thought he was going to waltz into the job and got lazy? Were we asking him to do something different at corner (press vs. zone vs. press bail etc) Did Addae ruin his confidence? Was it coaching him to be more hands on resulting in PIs? Basically I am asking if you saw something that could hint as to the issue whether it was on him vs. coaches.

Also best in the nation? I mean he was very good but didnt he make like 3rd team AAC? I know those awards can be more popularity conference but best in the nation and couldnt garner a few more awards? Best in the nation and right now is on track to go undrafted?

Advertisement

Why do you hypothesize he was a walking PI penalty while here then?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I do have a question tho. Why do we always have situations where coaches and players get into it. Like I know it happens everywhere but HERE, it's always to the extreme. Like, I still laugh at that situation when a staff member was about to turn the locker room into a real-life COD session 😂

But Mario is improving the culture…

Numerous examples of failing culture prove otherwise

MariBros arriving shortly to discuss: “context”

Brown has been below average last 2 years. His last year at UCF, and this past year at Miami.

Can he play better at FSU? I mean like someone mentioned its a low bar.

But Mario is improving the culture…

Numerous examples of failing culture prove otherwise

MariBros arriving shortly to discuss: “context”
Well lol. These situations might be happening less under Mario so just maybe he is in fact, "improving the culture"...... lol man idk, I think our locker room is just cursed. Doesn't matter who the coach is.

Advertisement
Back