Davon Graham Earns Miami Offer

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Keller Central (TX) 4-star ATH Davon Graham is one of the best two-way players in the state of Texas in the 2020 class. The 6’1’’ 179 pound athlete recently picked up a Miami offer and, after a personally disappointing sophomore season, Graham (who also goes by DJ) is focused on a huge junior year.

“It didn’t meet my expectations but it wasn’t just a terrible season. I definitely thought I could do better. I made some plays but I wanted a better season because I expected more.”

DJ (who also goes by Davon) wants a big year and has set very high personal goals.

“I want to have a thousand-yard year. My junior year is one of my most important years. I want to make a show, have a thousand yards, make a run at the playoffs.”

Graham’s best chance to improve was during spring football and he took full advantage.

“Spring football was really fun. I had a really fun time. Me and my quarterback, we were clicking pretty well. I made plays. I made plays in the spring game. It was really fun all around.”

Miami had a good year in 2017 and this made the Miami offer a big one for Graham.

“It’s huge. I didn’t expect it honestly because it’s such a big offer. You know it’s Miami. I was just looking at Miami’s history; it was just really cool. The history that they had, the kind of team that they were, and you know they are coming back. They are a rising college team, so to get an offer from a rising college team was pretty cool.”

Miami offered Graham as a receiver, which means Coach Dugans has been leading the recruitment for Graham. Graham has interest in Miami but hasn’t been down to Coral Gables yet.

“I haven’t visited but I definitely want to make it up there”

Graham has already visited LSU and Notre Dame, and will be at Oklahoma’s barbeque on July 28th.

Miami’s solid 2017 season doesn’t mean a whole lot if they don’t follow it up with another good year in 2018, but Graham thinks they will have no problem having another successful year.

“I think they get to the top ten. If they get the same dudes coming back, if they got some top recruits, they should be in the top ten. I can’t see them getting anything less than a big bowl game.”

Although Miami offered him as a receiver, the turnover chain is still in the back of Graham’s mind.

“That’s pretty cool. In fact, when I got the offer I posted the turnover chain.”

Graham, who still wants to get an offer from USC and Ohio State, has two schools really sticking out to him right now.

“Oklahoma and LSU have been in the lead so far. I feel like if I do get down to Miami, something could change.”

Advertisement
I love how he uses his hands to catch everything I see why Dugans is after him. I can also see him being nice on the defensive end.

Overall I'm just glad they hit Texas up. Only a matter a time before we cherry pick who we want from the lone star State they love us around here.

I love how he uses his hands to catch everything I see why Dugans is after him. I can also see him being nice on the defensive end.

Overall I'm just glad they hit Texas up. Only a matter a time before we cherry pick who we want from the lone star State they love us around here.

2023 TX class is LOADED!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back