Davoan Hawkins

Advertisement
Advertisement
Link
https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/thanks-but-no-thanks-hawkins-reaffirms-commitment-after-miami-offer

Thanks but no thanks: Hawkins reaffirms commitment after Miami offer

Justin Rowland | Publisher

Miami's football program has a lot going for it these days. The top-ranked 2018 recruiting class in the country and a team that's probably the favorite in their half of the ACC.

So it shouldn't have surprised anyone that there was a minor uproar when Kentucky defensive end commitmentDavoan Hawkinslanded a commitment from the Hurricanes.

Throw in the fact that Hawkins had participated in a camp at Miami and that he's a South Florida guy (i.e. local for the Canes) and it's easy to understand why there might have been some consternation.

But on Saturday, the same day fellow South FloridianAkeem Hayesshut down his recruitment, Hawkins reaffirmed his status as fully committed to Kentucky: 100-percent ... times five.

Hawkins posted to his Twitter account that he had heard a lot of talk that he might not be going to Kentucky. "Well I'm just here to stop all the confusion," Hawkins tweeted. "Davoan Hawkins is 500% committed to (the) University of Kentucky."

Go Canes

Link
https://kentucky.rivals.com/news/thanks-but-no-thanks-hawkins-reaffirms-commitment-after-miami-offer

Miami's football program has a lot going for it these days. The top-ranked 2018 recruiting class in the country and a team that's probably the favorite in their half of the ACC.

So it shouldn't have surprised anyone that there was a minor uproar when Kentucky defensive end commitmentDavoan Hawkinslanded a commitment from the Hurricanes.

Throw in the fact that Hawkins had participated in a camp at Miami and that he's a South Florida guy (i.e. local for the Canes) and it's easy to understand why there might have been some consternation.

But on Saturday, the same day fellow South FloridianAkeem Hayesshut down his recruitment, Hawkins reaffirmed his status as fully committed to Kentucky: 100-percent ... times five.

Hawkins posted to his Twitter account that he had heard a lot of talk that he might not be going to Kentucky. "Well I'm just here to stop all the confusion," Hawkins tweeted. "Davoan Hawkins is 500% committed to (the) University of Kentucky."

Go Canes

Not that the article was wrong but it looks like it was written by an 8 year old or Gary Ferman with Down syndrome

There is no way Coach Kul loses a kid he wants to Kentucky. There's a backstory here.

Advertisement
There is no way Coach Kul loses a kid he wants to Kentucky. There's a backstory here.

I've heard that he wants to play DE in college (which Kentucky is recruiting him as) while Miami wants him as a DT.

Link

Go Canes

So he is 500% committed, which is half as much as some of our class.

And this means he is 50-50 for the Gaytors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back