Davis is the best coach Miami can afford

Ray Ciss

Recruit
Davis can be had at a discount due to the perceived baggage from his UNC stint; my guess is that he'd be $1M+ less than the other decent names floated as HC.

Besides, Davis is only a few years away from retirement, let him stack the shelves with talent then bring in an up and comer in 5-7 years who can make a run with great players.

Advertisement
Davis can be had at a discount due to the perceived baggage from his UNC stint; my guess is that he'd be $1M+ less than the other decent names floated as HC.

Besides, Davis is only a few years away from retirement, let him stack the shelves with talent then bring in an up and comer in 5-7 years who can make a run with great players.

The team has produced more NFL players in the last 10 years than any team not named LSU.

The time to win is now, not in 5-7 years. There are some amazing coaches out there who could win immediately at Miami.

Don't get me wrong, I think Davis could start winning quickly if he brings the right assistants. But in 5-7 years he'll have the talent level on par with Alabama, FSU, etc where any coach could have a 10+ win season

Don't get me wrong, I think Davis could start winning quickly if he brings the right assistants. But in 5-7 years he'll have the talent level on par with Alabama, FSU, etc where any coach could have a 10+ win season

Cute debating trick: offering faint praise. Hit the road.

Butch's redemption will be nothing less than an NC.

Butch has known this job was coming up. I'm compelled to think when he said he as a list of coaches - he really does - and not a bunch of slack-jawed ***gots.

He's had a good opportunity to get close and personal with all the latest trends in football, all offenses, all defenses, and the top coordinators and coaches.

It would take a fool to not know who you want to bring. And if the BOT gives a bump for top coordinators - it's all one nice package ready to leap out of the gate next season.

Advertisement
Butch has known this job was coming up. I'm compelled to think when he said he as a list of coaches - he really does - and not a bunch of slack-jawed ***gots.

He's had a good opportunity to get close and personal with all the latest trends in football, all offenses, all defenses, and the top coordinators and coaches.

It would take a fool to not know who you want to bring. And if the BOT gives a bump for top coordinators - it's all one nice package ready to leap out of the gate next season.

Agreed....if I recall when he left Miami for the NFL one of the sticking points was pay for assistants. Hope that's not the case this time around.

Considering this may be the most important decision Miami Athletics have to make since Schellenberger came here in '79 to save the program, I have no problem with them not rushing the decision. Get the best group of guys, make a decision, and put money behind the coaching staff.

As much as I like Butch, if there is someone else out there that is worthy, we need to take a look at them. If we don't get this right, Miami Football is on life support.

This is not a rebuilding project at the U this time. There are a lot of really good players on this team which still has a chance to win the Coastal. It isn't a 5-7 year rebuild by any stretch of the imagination. The problem is mostly on defense, and it is limited to defensive line and linebackers. To a lesser extent, we also have a secondary to rebuild next year but there is talent there. Mostly, we need a chance of philosophy on that side of the ball and players who can play the scheme. Miami has a modern offense under Coley. Even with a change there there is talent to play more open than they do. The fix that has been needed since forever is the defense. So hiring a Fuente or Herman is not the answer for THIS situation. They are good coaches no doubt but they aren't complete packages on both sides of the ball. Right now, we need a defensive identity of attacking defense. Butch is the only guy among people on the coaching list who I think can deliver it. If some other defensive guru suddenly becomes interested, we need to take a look. But right now, Butch is my choice for the job.

Advertisement
Butch Hiring Day is 21 away

Still looking? Searching? Wandering aimlessly in the desert of CORCHES?

I must be looking for something
Something sacred I lost
But the river is wide
And it's too hard to cross

And even though I know the river is wide
I walk down every evening and I stand on the shore
And try to cross to the opposite side
So I can finally find out what I've been looking for

I don't know why I go walking at night
But now I'm tired and I don't want to walk anymore
I hope it doesn't take the rest of my life
Until I find what it is that I've been looking for

In the middle of the night
I go walking in my sleep
Through the jungle of doubt
To a river so deep

[video=youtube;hSq4B_zHqPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq4B_zHqPM&list=PLb7YSwrGOyBRt2F1u0rln7M_ tYNquuTnw[/video]

Butch was assistant w Bucs two years ago. He hasn't been out of football five years. He has best resume of any coach possible. In fact, I'll put his resume up against Chip Kelly, who inherited a great team at Oregon and could not win it all. Butch inherited 31 lost schollies and built greatest team ever. Then he inherited the Browns and took them to playoffs. Then he inherited a 3-9 basketball school and had them 8-5 year two and would've won 10 his fourth year had he not lost half his roster.

Advertisement

Agreed....if I recall when he left Miami for the NFL one of the sticking points was pay for assistants. Hope that's not the case this time around.

Got any other nasty tricks to trash Butch: UNC, old, dumped us, not good enough coach to win .... Listen, Mario, or whoever you are strawmaning for, you are not getting the job okay. We all know Butch's negatives. We all also know that he brings the greatest talent identification and acquisition skill ever, almost equal skills at finding next level coaching talent for his staff, the deepest and longest Cane tradition of all our heroes, many more years of HC experience than his rookie stent, and the absolute burning desire to finish the job he acknowledges he left undone for us and for himself. And, as you mentioned as a tool to degrade, when he retires, he will leave another stockpile of NFL 1st round All Pros and probably a couple HOFs too. So go back to your hole.

The team has produced more NFL players in the last 10 years than any team not named LSU.

The time to win is now, not in 5-7 years. There are some amazing coaches out there who could win immediately at Miami.

According to this link this statement is incorrect.

USC has had most players drafted into NFL in past 10 years - NFL.com

Advertisement
Golden is the best coach ANY SCHOOL can afford

FOLDEN can be had at a discount due to the perceived baggage from his PEDO STATE stint; my guess is that he'd be willing to work for $1 after all the **** he messed up.

Besides, FOLDEN is so pathetic he needs forced retirement, he couldn't stack the shelves with talent so we can make a run with great players.

FIFY....no thanks needed

Advertisement
Back