2025 David Sanders 5* OT and #1 Overall Recruit from Charlotte, NC

Advertisement
Weight and strength are 2 different things. And he’s going to need both.
Agreed, but he’s got enough time to put on size to be a swing tackle imo, especially if he early enrolls. Also, regarding strength, he threw almost 50 in the shot as a HS freshman and according to 247 he cleans 335 already

Advertisement
Proctor has started since day 1 in Bama and he gave away their offense against Texas. The defense knew run or pass the entire game based on his alignment. Sometimes those freshman mistakes cost the whole team.
after today can we just say Bama's offense sucks period

Sanders attends Providence Day, a private school with major benefactors $$, who are in the state's largest private school conference. Private school conference competition locally is typically weaker with the likes of Charlotte Latin (Daniel Jones alum), Country Day and Charlotte Christian (Steph Curry's Alma mater). Average tuition cost for these private schools is north of $25K/year with PD and Christian the 2 who seem to consistently "attract" the better players and stock their rosters. PD is coached by Chad Grier who first made his name at Davidson Day with his son Will Grier (Gator) as QB who they hired away from Oceanside Collegiate in SC.

However, since PD is so loaded their out of conference schedule was front loaded vs public schools playing the likes of Rock Hill Northwestern (SC) and Charlotte Catholic (4A) both of whom have had powerhouse programs historically. PD won both easily and are arguably the best team in the state regardless of class b/c in addition to Sanders they have 4* Jadyn Davis, '24, QB (Mich), 4* WR Jordan Shipp, '24 (UNC), 3* Channing Goodwin, '24 (Mich), with other 3*s committed to UGA and NC St.

Agree here. Very good summary of some of the private School roundup in Charlotte area.

Advertisement
I read somewhere this kid is really good friends with Armando Blount hopefully that plays well for us here.
It was the OP, LOL. Although, IDK really good friends might be a stretch. Hopefully the friendship continues to build and that benefits us in the recruitment.

from the area so have been keeping up with it. providence day school is solid, plays in a smaller division but they typically have 1 'dude' every year or two. A corner from a few years back now plays at georgia.

Sanders attends Providence Day, a private school with major benefactors $$, who are in the state's largest private school conference. Private school conference competition locally is typically weaker with the likes of Charlotte Latin (Daniel Jones alum), Country Day and Charlotte Christian (Steph Curry's Alma mater). Average tuition cost for these private schools is north of $25K/year with PD and Christian the 2 who seem to consistently "attract" the better players and stock their rosters. PD is coached by Chad Grier who first made his name at Davidson Day with his son Will Grier (Gator) as QB who they hired away from Oceanside Collegiate in SC.

However, since PD is so loaded their out of conference schedule was front loaded vs public schools playing the likes of Rock Hill Northwestern (SC) and Charlotte Catholic (4A) both of whom have had powerhouse programs historically. PD won both easily and are arguably the best team in the state regardless of class b/c in addition to Sanders they have 4* Jadyn Davis, '24, QB (Mich), 4* WR Jordan Shipp, '24 (UNC), 3* Channing Goodwin, '24 (Mich), with other 3*s committed to UGA and NC St.
A good friend of mine is the head soccer coach for Charlotte Christian. Also a Canes fan.

Advertisement
Alas, apparently no traction here

Last edited:
My $$$ detector went up when I saw USCe on the visit list.

I'm wondering if this is the annual uber-elite 5* recruit that USCe backs up the brinks truck for and gives them an offer they can't refuse.

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back