David Reese...

ISLANDCANES

Buddy & Jimmy @ Greentree
Hearing some chatter tonight out on the World Wide Web about a commitment to the U, sooner rather than later. Even if it's just the latest rumor, this one I tend to believe for all the reasons that have already been discussed here. Haven't seen him play, but I have seen his film. Whether he commits to Miami or not. He looks like a four star OLB.

Advertisement
I'm not so sure about this I work in Vero with three of his team mates. One of them swears its anything but Miami but he is a goon so who knows however, thats what i hear from them. :topsy_turvy:

Hearing some chatter tonight out on the World Wide Web about a commitment to the U, sooner rather than later. Even if it's just the latest rumor, this one I tend to believe for all the reasons that have already been discussed here. Haven't seen him play, but I have seen his film. Whether he commits to Miami or not. He looks like a four star OLB.

he a 5 star forsure ,, FREAK ATHLETE

Jalen with another reach...def not 5 star

Advertisement

whats wrong with you ?

whats wrong with you ?

247 has him as a lower 4 star and the #22 OLB. The composite has him even lower as a 3 star. We like him and want him in the class but he's not getting 5 stars.

What's wrong with you?

Advertisement

Tip o' the cap to you, sir! You just nailed the insider schtick routine full of easy-out qualifiers. Nicely done.

Advertisement
4 stars or 5 stars I dont care. Him and campbell should be our top 2 targets to get on board. Give them all the attention , they deserve it. Reese is a freak athlete. I would take him over any linebacker in the country.

4 stars or 5 stars I dont care. Him and campbell should be our top 2 targets to get on board. Give them all the attention , they deserve it. Reese is a freak athlete. I would take him over any linebacker in the country.

Film is super weak.

If I had to choose, I would take Gainer, Sherwood and Louis over Reese (looks like Tarzan plays like Jane) and I'm sure there are a few other top LBs in the country I would take over those guys (they are just not on our radar).

I'm not saying I don't want Reese in this class, I do.

I'm just not looking at the Cane lean with orange and green glasses and just claiming him to be the best b/c it looks like we may get him, when he has a long way to go.

He does have a very high ceiling and is a tremendous athlete, and since we aren't getting Gainer and now it seems that Sherwood is set on playing Safety, Reese seems like our best option for our OLB slot, and Louis for our MLB slot (if we take a MLB type this class).

I played LB in HS and I guess I just have higher standards when reviewing LB film, but I was extremely unimpressed with David Reese's film and hope he gets a lot better his Sr year.

Was way more impressed with Gainer and Louis's film at LB, and love to think what a playmaker like Sherwood(love his film) could become at OLB in Diaz's scheme.

Like I said, I do want Reese in Storm18, I'm just not ready to label him the best LB on our board even if he is at the top of it (b/c we knew we weren't getting Gainer).

I think his SR film will be what we hype him up to be.. Must get in my books but good points. but i like him and Sherwood playing LB together

Advertisement

Film is super weak.

If I had to choose, I would take Gainer, Sherwood and Louis over Reese (looks like Tarzan plays like Jane) and I'm sure there are a few other top LBs in the country I would take over those guys (they are just not on our radar).

I'm just not looking at the Cane lean with orange and green glasses and just claiming him to be the best b/c it looks like we may get him, when he has a long way to go.

He does have a very high ceiling and is a tremendous athlete, and since we aren't getting Gainer and now it seems that Sherwood is set on playing Safety, Reese seems like our best option for our OLB slot, and Louis for our MLB slot (if we take a MLB type this class).

I played LB in HS and I guess I just have higher standards when reviewing LB film, but I was extremely unimpressed with David Reese's film and hope he gets a lot better his Sr year.

Was way more impressed with Gainer and Louis's film at LB, and love to think what a playmaker like Sherwood(love his film) could become at OLB in Diaz's scheme.

Like I said, I do want Reese in Storm18, I'm just not ready to label him the best LB on our board even if he is at the top of it (b/c we knew we weren't getting Gainer).

Where do you see it being reported the Sherwood is set on playing safety? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Film is super weak.

While I agree he's not a 5 star I'm wondering if you watched his actual junior highlight. What he has pinned on his hudl is from his sophomore year when he was playing more DB. This happened in another thread and I linked his actual junior highlight and people understood more of the hype. He's not a finished product by no means but he has tremendous upside and athleticism you cannot teach at the position.

Film is super weak.

Where do you see it being reported the Sherwood is set on playing safety? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Guys keep repeating it on here. That's the "reporting."

Film is super weak.

Guys keep repeating it on here. That's the "reporting."

Ivins said that a couple weeks ago and people keep repeating it

Advertisement
Back