2023 David Hicks

Advertisement
Still have A&M here. Though he was very impressed with Steele’s defence angaisnt A&M and there is a massive amount of love between his father and our DEs coach so *shrugs*. I’ll ask around but I would still say A&M.
I can’t give A&M no credit after we loss to them 😂

Advertisement
Venebles has an easy sell with all those first rounders he coached at Clemson
He also had the benefit of coaching some of the best lineman to come out of high school for several years in a row. For example That Brese dude was a problem the minute he stepped on campus.

Still have A&M here. Though he was very impressed with Steele’s defence against A&M and there is a massive amount of love between his father and our DEs coach so *shrugs*. I’ll ask around but I would still say A&M.
Disappointing as I wasn’t impressed at all with that aggie Dline

Advertisement
He also had the benefit of coaching some of the best lineman to come out of high school for several years in a row. For example That Brese dude was a problem the minute he stepped on campus.
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

We also don't have nearly as deep of a DL depth chart.

Also true. We just need to keep making our case.

I'll also say, a "verbal" isn't the end-all/be-all in this day and age. Everyone still has phones. We can keep recruiting Hicks up through December. I'm not putting any percentage likelihood out there, but I don't think Mario will just stop calling after a verbal, the way that some of our prior coaches did.

Advertisement
Our defense played better than aTm's defense did. Our DL had more sacks than aTm's defense did.

We didn't win the game, but we showed out pretty well for defensive-side recruits.
I agree. The one year difference on both sides of the line should show how much quality coaching they will receive.

Like this kid a lot if he does go this route wouldn’t be mad if we grab him in the portal down the road

Advertisement
I can’t imagine it being A&M. They have something like 16 defensive linemen on their roster, with two 5 star players from the 2022 class alone. Hicks going there is like USC having the nine 5 star running backs that one year….I don’t care how good you are, not everyone can all play.

Advertisement
Back