David Epstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the world that I know; where $ has changed every single facet of life and is the driving force of all... this Epstein guy's impotent next to hungry, new and powerful mulit-billionaires.

Advertisement
It's the appointed "Congress" that makes all the laws at UM. The body that has the "power of the pursestrings" at UM. That is the "politics" that people should focus on, not this bull****e about Democrats vs. Republicans.
Do they have to be unanimous in their votes? Does it require a majority vote to hire an AD? I think the question here is how one single person can affect everything in the process the way he's affecting it. It can't come down to a single holdout vote, right? Nothing would ever get done. There's practically no way the entire BOT would ever agree on anything. But at the same time, if they only need a majority I don't understand why/how a single person is holding things up.

Stop. wrong board. Keep it to football. Not everything in this **** country needs to get to politics. So sick of it. Not one place to get away from it now.

And that includes diaz sr working his crap through minions which is at least on topic for football in this case.
It was a joke.
Jeez.... lol but you're right I'll keep it about the real problem.

Advertisement
In the end, no, but doesn't mean he isn't trying his best to call in the favors.
Agreed. Manny Diaz Sr is a powerful man. Not just politically, but financially. Up until recently his name was on the building at Lydecker Diaz, a big time defense law firm down here. Money talks in this town.

It was a joke.
Jeez.... lol but you're right I'll keep it about the real problem.
One post leads to a hijack thread. Look at the other one that got locked. And let’s be real that wasn’t a joke that was a handshake

Regarding Epstein, this type of Twitter post/response is what I’d like to see more of:
A Ron Burgundy sighting

The following type of Twitter post/response is what I’d NOT like to see any of.

How are you advancing your cause with this?

Treat serious people and serious topics like a mature and rational adult and you’ll get further.

Otherwise, you just sound like a vulgar moron with no brain or capacity to make a strong and cogent point. This is a real person, he uses his real name, not some anonymous guy on a sports message board. There’s no need for this and it’s ineffective.

Last edited:
I just want to point out how on brand it is for Ferman to be used as a megaphone for assholery.
Gotta defend the shield. that disingenuous *** hat then on the stream that I saw for a bit to see what fat boy was going to lie about before it became unwatchable, then tried to act like they’re not trying to Clickbait because they don’t run advertising, knowing full well that all the clicks they get hopefully get some some subscribers which is the whole **** point.

Advertisement
Do they have to be unanimous in their votes? Does it require a majority vote to hire an AD? I think the question here is how one single person can affect everything in the process the way he's affecting it. It can't come down to a single holdout vote, right? Nothing would ever get done. There's practically no way the entire BOT would ever agree on anything. But at the same time, if they only need a majority I don't understand why/how a single person is holding things up.

Majority vote, not unanimity.

And how do you think Congress has lasted for over 200 years. Nobody has permanent power. The minority might be in the majority next time, and you can't **** people off forever if you might need their help tomorrow.

This is why our current Congress sucks so much. Doesn't matter what party you are in, but when there is constant hatred, constant party-line votes, constant threats against anyone who participates in bipartisan efforts, then the organization stops working the way it was intended to work.

Congress is supposed to compromise. The BOT is supposed to compromise. But punchbowl turds tend to fvck things up.

This might sound crazy but I believe this firestorm is a good thing. Hopefully it doesn't do too much short term damage but for a true change to happen it was almost needed. People who held power for 20 yrs dont just lay down their arms and give up. The fact that its messy also means its real and not just rhetoric.

This shines light on a situation that needed to be seen. It puts names out in the open, puts some accountability on them and makes it harder for them to keep playing these games in the future. It can potentially signify a true changing of the guard.

If I am a potential coach or even AD that excites me because I can see there really is a new direction taking shape. The people behind it were not just blowing hot air and the fact that the old regime is so shook is evidence to that. I would want be a part of that change and start of a new beginning but maybe thats just me.

Advertisement
I'm staying out of it.
homer-bushe-homer.gif

Maybe we can try this again later with more discussion and less everything else.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back