Da'Vante Phillips updates recruitment

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2015 Central WR Da’Vante Phillips is one of the most highly recruited prospects in the country, but the nonstop calls from college coaches have not gotten on his nerves yet.

“I like recruiting and it’s fun, but it’s really going to be a business decision. I know I can handle all the attention,” said Phillips.

A lot of fans have speculated that Phillips has Florida State in the lead, but he says that is not the case.

“I’m playing it cool and letting it play out. I have a lot of schools and it’s a long list. I’m making my top five this summer.”

Phillips reiterated the fact that he is not favoring a specific program at the moment.

“I’m interested in all schools with nobody at the top. The media makes it seem like it’s something else, but I just enjoy going to schools.”

What will Phillips be looking for in a school?

“I’m looking for how the campus and environment is, the coaches, and if it feels like home.”

As for the hometown Miami Hurricanes, something they have on their side is Phillips’ relationship with offensive coordinator James Coley.

“I like Coach Coley because he’s a smooth guy and he’s humble with it. It’s not like he’s just coming at you and saying ‘I want you, I want you’. He actually explains why he wants you and how you’ll fit in the offense.”

Hurlie Brown and Brennan Carroll have also been involved in his Miami recruitment.

Advertisement
42.gif

Advertisement
Maan stranger things have happened..with that being said, someone find me a suitable Memphis Bleak gif.

Advertisement
How you wrote it: "Phillips reiterated the fact that he is not favoring a specific program at the moment. 'I’m interested in all schools with nobody at the top. The media makes it seem like it’s something else, but I just enjoy going to schools.”

How I read it: "You guys are really ruining the drama and suspense for me! Everybody knows I'm going to FSU but now I can't get no love from the other schools like before."

Dorsett and Scott are gone after this year. Coley may likely leave after next. Probably going to take 3 WRs (maybe an athlete) in this class and we have Spence already.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dorsett and Scott are gone after this year. Coley may likely leave after next. Probably going to take 3 WRs (maybe an athlete) in this class and we have Spence already.

Ridley
Spence
Peete
SBB can play WR, too

Ridley- potential grade problems
Spence- average
Peete- raw
SBB- better safety

Why would you say "Spence - average"? His tape looks pretty good to me. Does the "FG" in your alias stand for Florida Gator?

Lol if they put two more stars next to spence name then he's a "must have" type player that everyone would get butt hurt over

Advertisement
Back