Da'Vante Phillips update

greenbag305

Recruit
From rivals......

Miami Central High School WR Da'Vante Phillips says the Canes remain very much in his recruiting picture, and he plans to announce a final decision at the Under Armour all-star game.

While he hasn't set up any official visits yet, he says UM won't be one of them.

"It's right here so I'll visit Miami unofficially," Phillips said.

He says he knows four officials so far - Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn and Florida State.

"I'm still trying to decide on the last one," Phillips said.

He says all those programs continue to recruit him hard, and he has no one on top. Hurlie Brown is his primary UM recruiter.

"Basically all the Miami coaches are recruiting me," Phillips said. "They say Miami's a great place for me, to stay focused."

So what chance does Miami have at this point?

"Everybody's in the same boat right now," Phillips said.

He says the main thing he wants in a college is "Just somewhere I can play as a true freshman."

Certainly there's local pressure on him to pick the Canes.

"My family, friends - everyone says Miami is the place, that's what everybody says," Phillips said. "But it really doesn't matter, I just have to see what school is right for me, make my decision."

He adds that "I think it'll be easy" to make a final choice.

Of UM's season so far, Phillips said, "I've been watching the games. They're alright. I feel they can play a little better, but they're alright."

Is Brad Kaaya's emergence a factor for him?

"He's a good quarterback, so that does help Miami a little bit with me," Phillips said.

Advertisement
Kid has been ultra quiet about his recruitment. we all know he going to FSU
Never knw bro.... I think he might see the best opportunity here to play right away, plus Ill take Kaaya as my QB over anything out of FSU next year, Ohio st. (Braxton Miller), Alabama (Coker??), Auburn(Who knws who the QB will be??).... but its a good possibility he follows his butt buddy, I mean best buddy to FSU...smh

Advertisement
when he gets to FSU, him and lane are going to have a ***** fight to see who gets to take cook to the prom

Advertisement
im not hating on this kid, but he is Aldarius " glue hand"Jonhnson V2 imo!
Nothing impresses me.

I saw his sister recently, she basically said "Miami want my brother but they don't break bread".

**** is ruff where they from, 15 ave in the city is no joke.

The struggle is real.

If anyone thinks anyone besides FSU has a chance with this guy, I got a bridge I could sell you. Phillips would never try his lover boy like that. Do NOT get your hopes up

Advertisement
From rivals......

Miami Central High School WR Da'Vante Phillips says the Canes remain very much in his recruiting picture, and he plans to announce a final decision at the Under Armour all-star game.

While he hasn't set up any official visits yet, he says UM won't be one of them.

"It's right here so I'll visit Miami unofficially," Phillips said.

He says he knows four officials so far - Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn and Florida State.

"I'm still trying to decide on the last one," Phillips said.

He says all those programs continue to recruit him hard, and he has no one on top. Hurlie Brown is his primary UM recruiter.

"Basically all the Miami coaches are recruiting me," Phillips said. "They say Miami's a great place for me, to stay focused."

So what chance does Miami have at this point?

"Everybody's in the same boat right now," Phillips said.

He says the main thing he wants in a college is "Just somewhere I can play as a true freshman."

Certainly there's local pressure on him to pick the Canes.

"My family, friends - everyone says Miami is the place, that's what everybody says," Phillips said. "But it really doesn't matter, I just have to see what school is right for me, make my decision."

He adds that "I think it'll be easy" to make a final choice.

Of UM's season so far, Phillips said, "I've been watching the games. They're alright. I feel they can play a little better, but they're alright."

Is Brad Kaaya's emergence a factor for him?

"He's a good quarterback, so that does help Miami a little bit with me," Phillips said.

fsu lock another troll job by a kid needing more attention

Advertisement
in summary, the U doesnt have sufficient funds to pay for a real coach nor to give a little kick back to recruits.
office politics u know!
and when we try to bend the rules, we get snagged with our ****s in our hand.
smh

Translate please...

I saw his sister recently, she basically said "Miami want my brother but they don't break bread".

**** is ruff where they from, 15 ave in the city is no joke.

The struggle is real.

I speak jive....

He's saying Davante's sister says that Miami wants him bad, but won't pay him any money or give any gifts.

Then he proceeds to state that where they (Davante and family) are from, it's a very poor neighborhood and he needs money and/or gifts from the school he chooses to help his family out.

[video=youtube_share;g0j2dVuhr6s]http://youtu.be/g0j2dVuhr6s[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back