Da'Vante Phillips Rivals Update

TriStarCane

Coaching Carousel 2029
UF Commit: Canes Still In It

-2014 R250 Watch List WR Da'Vante Phillips is an early Florida commit, but says Canes still in it
-Florida State, Alabama and Clemson are also still in the picture
-Committed to Florida early because he "liked the school and the coaches when I wend down there."
-He has family and friends hammering on him to stay home and play for the Hurricanes
-Phillips said "I get that a lot, the `change your mind." I'll do what I have to do. It's got to be my decision at the end of the day."
-Asked what UM has to do to catch Florida, Phillips offers an enigmatic "Keep in contact."
-He says he talks regularly to Cane coaches Coley, Golden, Carroll and Hurlie Brown
-Says Miami's recent win over UF doesn't have an impact on him -""I'm not worrying about how many games a team wins, I'm worrying about how the program is run, the depth chart."
-Says he'll take a visit to Miami, but doesn't know when.
-Phillips is an early 4* WR in the 2015 Rivals 250 Watch List

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1549689

Advertisement
-says Miami still in the picture
-FSWHO, bama and Clemson still have "decent" chance
-says he committed to U*** because he like the school and coaches
-says family and friends are pushing him to stay home
-say he will do whats best for him at the end of the day
-Asked what UM has to do to catch U***, Phillips offers an enigmatic "Keep in contact." (didn't know how to summaries that)
-talks to coach Coley,Golden, Carroll, Brown, "I like all those guys. They say that they want me down there and all that."
-game didnt make an impact on him just program is run, the depth chart (sound familiar?)
-asked about a visit to UM "at some point, but I'm not sure when."

Phillips must love blocking because he doesn't catch passes at central, and if he goes to UF he will be run blocking for another 3-4 years.

Advertisement
You don't know how badly I am looking forward to the days when we lose recruits consistently because of our depth chart.

Oh my god, we're still in it for a kid that can't sign a LOI till February 2015. Praise the lord!!!!

-says Miami still in the picture
-FSWHO, bama and Clemson still have "decent" chance
-says he committed to U*** because he like the school and coaches
-says family and friends are pushing him to stay home
-say he will do whats best for him at the end of the day
-Asked what UM has to do to catch U***, Phillips offers an enigmatic "Keep in contact." (didn't know how to summaries that)
-talks to coach Coley,Golden, Carroll, Brown, "I like all those guys. They say that they want me down there and all that."
-game didnt make an impact on him just program is run, the depth chart (sound familiar?)
-asked about a visit to UM "at some point, but I'm not sure when."
I like it.
I think he is ours if the staff keeps the press on.

have wr's always been this afraid to compete for playing time? or is it just team Wilson kids?

Advertisement
I know this kid is young, but i think hes getting too much hype.. Granted, he plays on an offense that runs the ball 95% of time, but he is not electric.

When are these kids going to realize that great programs and thin depth charts don't go hand in hand most of the time.

When are these kids going to realize that great programs and thin depth charts don't go hand in hand most of the time.

260.gif

Advertisement
Kid is a beast.....we better recruit him throughout. He's a physical wr that if was on a passing team would be putting up big numbers.

Advertisement
Back