Darrion Owens

Advertisement
No one talks about him. I have a feeling he is a going to make a big impact this year.

He had a terrible season last year. The worst LB play in the last 7 years. Struggled badly to get off blocks. Never seemed to be around the ball.
Looked lost. Had no flashes of brilliance. Showed some promise as blitzer, however.

No one talks about him. I have a feeling he is a going to make a big impact this year.

He had a terrible season last year. The worst LB play in the last 7 years. Struggled badly to get off blocks. Never seemed to be around the ball.
Looked lost. Had no flashes of brilliance. Showed some promise as blitzer, however.

I usually with you but I don't This he struggled at times but really began to put it together by seasons end expect the take that next step and be a reliable contributor This year opposite Grace he has all the tools to be an extremely productive player

Advertisement

I usually with you but I don't This he struggled at times but really began to put it together by seasons end expect the take that next step and be a reliable contributor This year opposite Grace he has all the tools to be an extremely productive player

i thought both him and Juwon Young showed improvement.

They were a lot better than cornellious and Gaines IMO especially Owens

They were a lot better than cornellious and Gaines IMO especially Owens

yup. different type of athlete and they are aggressive.

Advertisement
owens on left. looks like trent harris on the right. harris has work to do imo i wasnt blown away by him

I reviewed every play of his in slow motion and stop action and kept track of his performance. I have been doing this for the last 7 years.His was the worst, Miami LB performance I have seen in that time. He was effectively blocked 93 times and got off blocks quickly 27. He had 1 tackle for loss, 3 tackles within 2 yds. of the line of scrimmage, 1 pass break up, no caused fumbles, recovered fumbles, or interceptions. Given the amount of playing time he got, which was almost exactly the same as that of Grace, these are terrible numbers. My general impression is that he was almost never around the ball, but I have no data to back that up.Toward the end of the season, he started to blitz more and he showed some aptitude for that. He was true Freshman so there is still hope. He might explode this season, but I would be more encouraged if he had shown a few flashes of brilliance just based on talent, but he didn't.

must not be the same 58 i saw near the end of the season because he was around on alot of plays.

Advertisement
owens on left. looks like trent harris on the right. harris has work to do imo i wasnt blown away by him

Harris needs to get on that "Juice" pronto..! Otherwise, these other cats are going to surpass him on the depth chart simply due to power and explosiveness imo.

They like to rotate the Linebackers and like length on D. That opens the door early for Gordinier (true freshman) to get a chance. Watch his film...he is a very smart, tough player.

Advertisement
Hope the kid is a stud, but "I have a feeling" followed by predictions of success is the death knell around here.

Advertisement
Back