Darrion Owens Film (Through 4 games)

Don't want, only three stars.

Seriously, if that isn't what a 5 star linebacker looks like, someone show me a better prospect. He shows just about every skill set you can ask for, including shedding blockers and dropping in coverage (2 things that most high school linebacker tapes do not show), and absolutely destroys anyone in his path. Until someone shows me the tape of a better linebacker I am going to consider him the best one in this recruiting class. I'll hang up and listen.

Yessir!

Basically in every thread about him I've been saying this is what a 5 star LB looks like. Love this pickup. Don't care if he gets another star or loses all his stars, I know he's a stud

Advertisement
Cot **** this boy is just NASTY. Can you imagine this guy and Figs cracking heads in the backfield? How would you like those two animals blizting you as a QB? Kids looks awesome. What kind of competition was he playing. He looked like a man among kids out there.

79.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't want, only three stars.

Seriously, if that isn't what a 5 star linebacker looks like, someone show me a better prospect. He shows just about every skill set you can ask for, including shedding blockers and dropping in coverage (2 things that most high school linebacker tapes do not show), and absolutely destroys anyone in his path. Until someone shows me the tape of a better linebacker I am going to consider him the best one in this recruiting class. I'll hang up and listen.

Yessir!

Basically in every thread about him I've been saying this is what a 5 star LB looks like. Love this pickup. Don't care if he gets another star or loses all his stars, I know he's a stud

I thought the story was that he was a safety that had a growth spurt last winter and kept all his speed. He wasn't really on any body's radar because it kinda happened out of nowhere. UGA got on him really early and tried to keep it a secret. Their LB coach, who is pretty much their best position coach had the kid pegged at the top of their board. That was the story I got from a UGA poster on the MB. Basically said what we already knew, great find by Al, will be a monster.

Kid has star written all over him. UGA wanted him really bad.

Everybody was predicting that

Which is why I'm not that worried about UF or FSU here. He was one of those north Florida kids that UGA gets, but we beat them to the punch. He isn't one of those kids like Northrup that was waiting on a FSU or UF offer the whole time.

Exactly, good kid with a great head on his shoulders. Plus, its not stated much but this dude committed quickly and wanted to be a Cane and that's the biggest reason why I got love for him

Advertisement
How is this kid only a 3*? Kid is a monster in the making

He's a 4 star on 24/7 he is starting to blow up next rankings in Nov he will be a 4 star on rivals...

I remember a dlineman I think named Chris Jones who went to MSU who was a 3* in the summer and then sky rocketed to a 5* at the end. Not saying that's Owens but the kid needs to be a household name at the end of this

well dont have to ask what position he will play...this kid will slide into the position being held by Armbrister and Figatron when he matriculates.
three year starter here....kid wont redshirt he is ready from day one...he is currently doing the things we ask of our olbs in high school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great guy. Very physical!!! Great recognition in the run game. A little 'lost' in space when he drops in coverage on those plays in the highlight tape. Lets say he doesnt drop in to his zones great in those plays rather then saying lost.
Thats nothing too bad tho. He seems fast enough to get a very good all around LB. Nice seeing him takin on lead blocker.

Those special team plays.. no further statements needed.

Last year we lose this kid. After Saturday, this kid sticks and Al starts the invasion of north Florida. Love the size coming in. If he is EE, will be huge by next year. Mike and the other assistants are turning into recruiting monsters under Golden. Have you noticed how all the SEC talking heads are having to reassure themselves that the SEC, at least the top of it, is still stong. One friggin beat down and they are peeing themselves. If Hurlie steals the RB out of New Orleans, there will be on air suicides.

This kid is a beast. The great thing is that now he is not a started the minute he hits the field becuase we have other monsters. I thought for sure Fig would have to start from the first game this year. The fact that a monster like him in straining at the lease on the sideline is just to good to believe. And unlike other times, it is not because he is in the dog house.

Advertisement
Back