Darren Rovell trying to shut down the U

Advertisement
Did he vote for Barack though?
Of course he did. He would have voted for Obama for a third term.

Get-Out.jpg

Memo to white people: saying you have black friends is not a defense to the accusation that you are racist.

In fact, the second I hear it I presume the speaker is racist. You can not have any black friends and not be racist.

So maybe to other white people that exonerates you but it doesn’t with us.

SMH that it’s 2022 and we still have to say this.

***Steps off soapbox*** please continue
I'm white and I take it the same way you do when I hear it.

Advertisement
for example, I think one gray area is to what extent you are inducing players to come to the school by discussing NIL in general.

"To preserve the integrity, quality, character, and amateur nature of intercollegiate athletics and to maintain a clear separation between amateur intercollegiate athletics and professional sports, such compensation may not be provided in exchange for athletic performance or attendance at a particular institution and may only be provided by a third party unaffiliated with the intercollegiate athlete’s postsecondary educational institution."

I am not in NIL expert. all I am saying is do not be so naive to think there is no risk in this area.
We are under the Fl law on nil. There is nothing naive in believing if we follow Fl law on the subject there are no gray areas. As NCAA rules state right now each school with state laws are to follow those laws.

We are under the Fl law on nil. There is nothing naive in believing if we follow Fl law on the subject there are no gray areas. As NCAA rules state right now each school with state laws are to follow those laws.
I just quoted the Florida law right from the statute. there are always gray areas...

Advertisement
for example, I think one gray area is to what extent you are inducing players to come to the school by discussing NIL in general.

"To preserve the integrity, quality, character, and amateur nature of intercollegiate athletics and to maintain a clear separation between amateur intercollegiate athletics and professional sports, such compensation may not be provided in exchange for athletic performance or attendance at a particular institution and may only be provided by a third party unaffiliated with the intercollegiate athlete’s postsecondary educational institution."

I am not in NIL expert. all I am saying is do not be so naive to think there is no risk in this area.
What inducement? He has never stated nor implied that if you accept the NIL you "must come to Miami". Never. I am an attorney, a good one dealing with tax law, and I have also argued in Federal tax court. Don't talk about BS when you do not know squat about the law.

What inducement? He has never stated nor implied that if you accept the NIL you "must come to Miami". Never. I am an attorney, a good one dealing with tax law, and I have also argued in Federal tax court. Don't talk about BS when you do not know squat about the law.
woooooo. Big shot, I am an attorney also so I am not impressed with that card. evidently you are an attorney who doesn't read well. I NEVER said anyone induced anyone. I said there is a lot of gray area in the law and everyone needs to be careful. someone asked me for an example of a gray area and I cited a possible example - inducing kids to come to the school. I also said Ruiz is very in your face and drawing attention to himself. this will make him and us a target.

Advertisement
Rovell needs to be shoved out of a plane above a large swath of cypress knees.

Very odd to see anyone defending Darren Rovell anywhere, not just here. He's literally made a career at having hot takes and being a clown. His most-clicked on article was how he had Jeff Bagwell at his Bar Mitzvah:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back