Darren Rovell trying to shut down the U

Advertisement
Secured 10 mil to pay players "Under the guise of NIL"
Comes off like the ranting of a paranoid lunatic. Where is the evidence to back up his statement?

Advertisement
Wikipedia is on it.

1642506359930.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rovell is totally clueless. Ruiz has hired a boatload of lawyers that are guiding him step by step. Everything is all above board, all legit. He is even taking a case that will go up to the Florida Supreme Court if necessary to finally get some clarification on the NIL process for high school kids. The man himself is a high profile lawyer and businessman. Who is Rovel? A clueless newspaper reporter like Barry Jackson-- totally clueless!
do not want to make this into a defense of Rovell. I don't really care about him. if it isn't him its going to be another reporter. as to this issue before you all just instinctively attack anyone that asks questions think about it for a second. Ruiz is trying to help the school but but he is pretty aggressive on this NIL issue. now he is suing he NCAA in a related issue which is likely to raise his profile and get the NCAA annoyed. It is naive to think there are no intrinsic risks in this situation. I know he has lawyers and is a lawyer. but even he said if you are working in a gray area and the area no longer becomes gray you could be doing something against the rules or law.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The good ol,” I can’t be racist because I’m cool with a few black folks.”
Memo to white people: saying you have black friends is not a defense to the accusation that you are racist.

In fact, the second I hear it I presume the speaker is racist. You can not have any black friends and not be racist.

So maybe to other white people that exonerates you but it doesn’t with us.

SMH that it’s 2022 and we still have to say this.

***Steps off soapbox*** please continue

do not want to make this into a defense of Rovell. I don't really care about him. if it isn't him its going to be another reporter. as to this issue before you all just instinctively attack anyone that asks questions think about it for a second. Ruiz is trying to help the school but but he is pretty aggressive on this NIL issue. now he is suing he NCAA in a related issue which is likely to raise his profile and get the NCAA annoyed. It is naive to think there are no intrinsic risks in this situation. I know he has lawyers and is a lawyer. but even he said if you are working in a gray area and the area no longer becomes gray you could be doing something against the rules or law.
Please inform us of what the gray area is. We are complying with Fl law which is set in stone. NCAA can not touch us under there present rules on this.

Please inform us of what the gray area is. We are complying with Fl law which is set in stone. NCAA can not touch us under there present rules on this.
for example, I think one gray area is to what extent you are inducing players to come to the school by discussing NIL in general.

"To preserve the integrity, quality, character, and amateur nature of intercollegiate athletics and to maintain a clear separation between amateur intercollegiate athletics and professional sports, such compensation may not be provided in exchange for athletic performance or attendance at a particular institution and may only be provided by a third party unaffiliated with the intercollegiate athlete’s postsecondary educational institution."

I am not in NIL expert. all I am saying is do not be so naive to think there is no risk in this area.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back