Darrell Langham - Breakdown

U

User-4525

Darrell Langham - Official breakdown

Background

• 6'4/5 200
• Santaluces high school in Palm Beach
• Transferred from American Heritage Del Ray after his sophomore year.

Rankings

• low 4* 24/7 ranking (31st WR)
• low 4* ESPN (40th WR)
• 3* 24/7 composite (116th wr)
• 2* Rivals
• 2* Scout

- Offer list: FSU, Arkansas, Illinois, Miss State (There probably is more he has a quiet recruitment)

Highlights
http://youtu.be/k5v0zuCgpJk
http://youtu.be/ENR_xz47Dok
http://youtu.be/SPS2os15asQ
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/748977/highlights/7339451 (soph yr)

Breakdown:

Pros
• Physical Build
- From watching the videos, you can see his + size works to his advantage. His wingspan on top of that is huge which he uses to his benefit. He also has large hands which will help him to improve upon his average hands in college.
•Concentration
- Kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders on & off the field. Doesn't get caught up in recruiting, & always has his eye on the ball. Needless to say, but he is very good at jump balls & using his wingspan.
•Catch in traffic
- Tough football player that uses his strength and size catch balls in traffic.

Needs improvement
• Routes
• YAC
- He had some good YAC plays but the more film you watch the more you see this is not a general strength of his.
• Hands
- He doesn't consistently catch the ball with his body which is a good thing. However, from reading a little bit about him I'm lead to believe his hands are a little inconsistent. I couldn't find that much film on him though, so I won't list his hands as a positive or negative. He dropped some balls in the 3rd video.

Cons
• Short Area Quickness/Explosiveness
- From the video of his practice you notice his quickness in his feet & hip are not a + of his game. Biggest flaw in his game.

Next Level Comparison
• Some comparisons put out there for Langham were between two miami hurricanes, Tommy Streeter & Leonard Hankerson. However I think he compares at this stage of his career to Sidney Rice, a name that was thrown out to compare to Ermon Lane. Both were around 6'4 195 coming out of high school with around mid 30 verticals. Also with mid 4.5 40s & long arms. Langham might not have the same type of career as Rice but they are very similar prospects coming out of high school. Rice was a 3* recruit out of high school.

Final Thoughts
• Langham is another good recruit that has gotten little attention to this point but was a great first addition to our 2014 WR class.

****Interesting note Darrell Langham plays basketball for his school. He averaged 8 points & 5 rebounds. He played Center for his school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Won't be a 2 star after the season starts on scout and rivals you can bet that.. Espn does the best evaluations of the 4 sites. Scout is by far the worst..

Won't be a 2 star after the season starts on scout and rivals you can bet that.. Espn does the best evaluations of the 4 sites. Scout is by far the worst..

247 I think is #1. Then ESPN. ESPN's end of the rankings are pretty good. Stars really don't matter if they can play.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think any one site does it better than the other to be honest. Best bet is to take all of them together since different sites do evaluations on a different time table and the different sites host their own recruiting events and have their own angles.

Advertisement
New Miami offensive coordinator James Coley has not been bashful in expressing his affection for big receivers, so it really wasn't a surprise that Darrell Langham's visit to the Al Golden Summer Camp Sunday ended in a Miami commit for the 6-5, 210-pound standout from Lantana Sanaluces High in Palm Beach.

"They offered him a while ago and he didn't want to commit early," said Santaluces coach Daryl Drinkwater. "But he called me today from the camp and said he was really comfortable with the coaches, what they were trying to do with the program and where they were trying to go. He has been down there three or four times now and really likes the staff. And he is excited about the opportunity to play close to home so his parents can come to the games and watch him."

Langham received a two-star ranking in the most recent Rivals National Rankings, but Drinkwater says people are going to be shocked by the vastly improved player they see this fall.

"His junior year he lacked consistency," Drinkwater said. "He would run a post or a go route and the corner would be there with him and he would go up and get the ball. And then the next play, he would let the corner beat him. He would look like the greatest receiver in the world on one play and then just another guy on the next."

Drinkwater said it was very evident that things had changed very early in spring practice last month.

"Miami is getting a guy who gets better every week," Drinkwater said. "He is a freakish athlete now with great hands and a big body to keep people away from the ball.

"His speed has really improved. He runs a 4.5 now. He ran it three straight times to make sure we were clocking him right. He is freakishly athletic. He was unstoppable in the spring game. We will never be able to guard him again in practice and hopefully nobody else will in high school either."

Langham had a wide assortment of offers, but his Miami commit is believed to be solid.

"Who wasn't recruiting him?" Drinkwater said. "Alabama, FSU, Clemson, Oklahoma State, pretty much everybody. Everyone that came down and saw him said he had an offer.

"But I think playing close to home and the comfort level with their staff made the difference today. He and Brennan Carroll have hit it off pretty good. He likes the ideas of Coach Golden and what he is trying to get done. It's just a really good fit for him."

Langham previously played at American Heritage.

Not a fan of ESPN at all. They had Taylor Cook and Preston Dewey as top 150 players. Yikes!

They also ****ed me off by claiming Duke was too small to play RB and they projected him as a CB.

Sidney Rice....... Maybe.....

If he improved like his coach says then im gonna go with Brandon Marshall seems identical to me marshall was underated playing at UCF look at him now... Sidney rice was good with the gamecocks injury prone like a **** in the National Florida League

The beauty of this is that WR is so deep now, that this kid or any kid can redshirt and develop if need be. Not saying he needs to, just that we can afford it. Given that a lot of teams like smalled CBs(except Bama), THE U's fleet of tall, long, fast WRs should give nightmares to opponents. Be nice if he grows into a TE like Kellen. We really need TE postion to return to 1st round status. Going back to Glen Dennision in the 1st NC game, TE is so important to THE U.

Advertisement
Yeah this kid should be a TE like Tommy Streeter should have been. Smh. NO!!!!!

Anyway, this is one of those kids that if he had played for a powerhouse school like STA or BTW or MiaCen he would be mentioned with that second tier group of receivers in the state. (Dixon and Brady) Maybe not on the level of Lane but **** close. I like him. Lets hope he blows up this year because he looks good. By his R-So year unleash this guy. Prob will be 6'5 220 running a 4.5. Brandon Marshall is a good comparison.

I'd go more with Plaxico Burress. BMarsh's ability to get yards after catch is unmatched by anyone even remotely his size.

I'd go more with Plaxico Burress. BMarsh's ability to get yards after catch is unmatched by anyone even remotely his size.

Yeah I think the B marsh comparison is a reach. I couldn't make a solid comparison off the the little tape but I just went rice. Everyone sees things differently

This kid looks like a very good prospect, great size, good feet and fluid. I like the Streeter comparison.

Advertisement

Yeah I think the B marsh comparison is a reach. I couldn't make a solid comparison off the the little tape but I just went rice. Everyone sees things differently

Exactly, Streeters more of a deep bomb threat while Marshall is just a YAC monster and a physical beast as well

If yall read what i said then Brandon Marshall is not a reach. If he improved getting off the line, his route running, his acceleration in and out of cuts, his hands and speed since his spring game then comparison is not far off at all at this point from the inconsitency i've heard before i read the article hurricane glory posted i would compare him to Braylon Edwards (not height and size wise inconsistent wise) as he has been 50/50 since he been in the league. The receiver from the Browns is another inconsistent ******* i forget his name though i want to say Greg Little....

Advertisement
Back