Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Pretty ****ed up to exaggerate that your mom is sick so you can transfer home.
i remember Trevon Grimes did it to go to UF from OSU that his mom was sick and his dad exposed it. Its been going on for awhile.

Jackson messed up showing his hand about the NIL, if i were Mario and they contacted me i would be against it as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This kid will play in the NFL

While I agree with this, he underwhelmed while at Miami. A couple good games early on. Pretty quiet after that. I really want him to stick with us. But I think Deen in Guidry's defense will have a bigger impact.

While I agree with this, he underwhelmed while at Miami. A couple good games early on. Pretty quiet after that. I really want him to stick with us. But I think Deen in Guidry's defense will have a bigger impact.
Very different players. Deen is a violent explosive player. Has an insane motor. Jackson is simply a space eater who's decent against the run as a result. He has plenty of size & u can't coach that.

He's only viewed that way by Canes fans as a coping mechanism.

He played well last year & if allowed to play this year will do the same.

Advertisement

I don't get it with our fans. Jackson isn't a world beater, but that's missing the point. Sports are about matchups. We don't have a clogger at DT. We do not have that potential substitution to change a game or a matchup. We do not have that particular body type, when a matchup demands that we use it to make life easier/more flexible for Bain/Taylor/etc. It's an issue of flexibility and matchups, not whether Jackson is the next Cortez Kennedy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

I'll sit down then. For the record, I was super disappointed we lost Jackson and didn't replace him with another war daddy. I just felt he underperformed vs his talent. But if you and Brooklyn are telling me I'm wrong, I can accept I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Back