Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

I’ll admit two things:

1. This thread is waaaay too long (pause) on a dude who had a sip of coffee here & wasn’t a standout in the least

2. The NCAA is trying to flex again.

Honestly, he should have to sit out this yr. This is his 2nd transfer in as many yrs. I understand his mom is sick, and I don’t want to sound callous or heartless, but I’m going to assume before the transfer portal became a thing, thousands of student athletes had sick parents while they were attending a school cross country. ****, I know of one who took the yr off to handle biz before coming back to the squad.

So I think that reason is no longer going to be as viable as before. Either way, wish his mom well, & whether here or elsewhere, as a Black man, hope he achieves the realization of the opportunity to achieve a degree.
My man

We can end this thread now he got it covered

Pause just in case

Advertisement
20230808_171743.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
They don’t have to… they could say since he’s not playing they don’t have to pay and there’s not much he can do about it.

They probably will but I’d like for him to be a tad more “uncomfortable” for a semester or two.

If they don’t it’s clear pay for play……

I’ll admit two things:

1. This thread is waaaay too long (pause) on a dude who had a sip of coffee here & wasn’t a standout in the least

2. The NCAA is trying to flex again.

Honestly, he should have to sit out this yr. This is his 2nd transfer in as many yrs. I understand his mom is sick, and I don’t want to sound callous or heartless, but I’m going to assume before the transfer portal became a thing, thousands of student athletes had sick parents while they were attending a school cross country. ****, I know of one who took the yr off to handle biz before coming back to the squad.

So I think that reason is no longer going to be as viable as before. Either way, wish his mom well, & whether here or elsewhere, as a Black man, hope he achieves the realization of the opportunity to achieve a degree.

Yep and if he had to move for his mother the NCAAs decisions is inconsequential yes? Either way he got what he wanted. Granting the waiver is having cake and eating it too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back