Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

No denying his potential but he was way overrated last year. As big as he is, he mostly sucked against the run and folded like a cheap suite against double teams. He aint no dog, thats for sure. If the light turns on he could be very disruptive but I will believe it when I see it.

Either way, what we are lacking is a big run stuffer that can hold the point against doubles. He isn't, nor will ever be that.
Lmao I don’t know about that. He was definitely a run stopper. But what teams did against him was run counter plays to negate him. They had multiple guys wash the DTs out, and pull the backside guard and tackles. Our DE’s and LB were forced to take on the pulling guards and they could not. LB’s too slow and small to take those pullers on. Teams could not really attack us head on in the running game though.

Advertisement
There’s been rumors for awhile the waiver wouldn’t pass but this would make no sense. Just on the coming back and reenrolling to Miami after being enrolled at FSU. Not even sure how that could be a thing.

Practices have started and you know who’s in the boat now, It’s go time. Other than that remember the code word “ culture “. Like I said it makes no sense and on many levels.

He made his bed now sit out.

How does that even worked. He's enrolled at FSU. For him to return to Miami it wouldn't be considered another transfer? I guess u can go back to your previous school and be eligible right away even if you've been enrolled at a new school? Highly doubt he returns anyways but just curious

Advertisement
How does that even worked. He's enrolled at FSU. For him to return to Miami it wouldn't be considered another transfer? I guess u can go back to your previous school and be eligible right away even if you've been enrolled at a new school? Highly doubt he returns anyways but just curious
Yeah I think the waiver is tied to him gaining immediately eligibility but not whether he can ever play for FSU…

For me… if he genuinely transferred because of a sick close family member or whatever his reason was then having immediate eligibility shouldn’t matter much if his concern was to be close to family. That’s the trade off and he should have no issue with it. The whole thing stinks to be honest and I think he’s full of sh*t.

His NIL would have provided him plenty of resources to fly back home whenever he needed if that was the issue. He didn’t have to transfer for that.

Edit: But he knew what he had to say to get the waiver approved. I’m not against kids transferring one bit but somebody has to see through the bull. Like Justin Fields leaving UGA claiming the racist stuff another student said to him was why he had to leave. Bull… because as a parent there’s no way you allow your daughter to go to a school you felt “mistreated” your son to the point he had to leave.

Last edited:
I don’t agree. Anyone can make a bad decision. Everyone deserves a second chance.
Fourth chance? Sounds like the opposite of building a winning culture. He literally just left for a hated rival months ago.

I remember posting “ letting JT back on after he flat out quit and had been a pain in the *** his entire time here threw the culture building excuse out the window. That’s when I knew Lispy was all bark.

Yeah I think the waiver is tied to him gaining immediately eligibility but not whether he can ever play for FSU…

For me… if he genuinely transferred because of a sick close family member or whatever his reason was then having immediate eligibility shouldn’t matter much if his concern was to be close to family. That’s the trade off and he should have no issue with it. The whole thing stinks to be honest and I think he’s full of sh*t.

His NIL would have provided him plenty of resources to fly back home whenever he needed if that was the issue. He didn’t have to transfer for that.
Exact same way I see it. If it was as serious as it was made I doubt he’d been back around sniffing when all the waiver issues stuff started. I mean what does sitting out matter if you need to be back with mom?

Advertisement
I don't see how this would even be allowed since he has been taken classes at forfeit state

Jackson also flirted with coming back in the spring,one of the recruiting sites reported he was in miami and then the FSU staff convinced him to go back there.

I don't think he would have given FSU a deadline to work this out if he had to sit a year no matter what. Seems he has a exit strategy if needed.

Exact same way I see it. If it was as serious as it was made I doubt he’d been back around sniffing when all the waiver issues stuff started. I mean what does sitting out matter if you need to be back with mom?
And didn’t his play dip big time as the year went on?

Advertisement
We needed more help on the line and likely needed a Deen type player even if Jackson stayed…

I agree with this.

We're stuck hoping Moten is ready to contribute in Y2, which he very well may be. But plan for the worst and hope for the best. And I know Guidry is going to use Messidor and Bain inside, and we are okay depthwise when you add in the Juco kid and Lichtenstein. That doesn't mitigate the fact that coaches lost Jackson, lost Jordan Miller, kicked out Haye and then failed to backfill with even one NG.

p.s., If Jackson weren't such a tool, I'd be even angrier at losing him. This "may" be a case of addition by subtraction at the individual level. Again, no excuses at the program level.

Would he in theory be able to return to Miami and play right away? Seems kinda crazy that he could leave enroll somewhere else and then if the waiver doesn't go thru he can just return to Miami and play? Is that how it works

Advertisement
Fourth chance? Sounds like the opposite of building a winning culture. He literally just left for a hated rival months ago.

I remember posting “ letting JT back on after he flat out quit and had been a pain in the *** his entire time here threw the culture building excuse out the window. That’s when I knew Lispy was all bark.
Wasn’t he using the sick mother reason? Maybe if it wasn’t a lie the locker room knew that

He had a countdown for the transfer date because of "mom".

Dude is one of the younger siblings...

he got a bag here and was got another to go to fsu to play with his friend and old coach nearer to his home.

Advertisement
Back