Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Facts. With the type of culture reset that Mario is trying to establish here, there would probably be some things that he would have to go through, to get back on the good side of teammates and coaches. That being said, I could be wrong, but I don't think Mario is the kind of coach to backtrack. "You only get one chance to fucc me over, kid. You quit on me once, the next time, you may quit on me during a game. Can't take that chance. Sorry, but you probably need to seek shelter, elsewhere. **** happens."-Mario

all I care about, is that whatever happens: it makes FSU weaker.

:neonu:

Advertisement
Can’t let this kid come back if all that culture talk means anything . Would send several negative messages all at once . I’m sure he was given every chance to change his mind before leaving , and I’m sure he knew there was a chance his waiver might not get approved. He left anyways . Lay in that bed big dawg

all I care about, is that whatever happens: it makes FSU weaker.

:neonu:
THIS.

Mario doesn't hand anyone a starting job, so sure, let him come back and at least he will NOT be playing against us. Then, if he gets his mind right and really becomes 100% Cane, that would be cool too. But, taking away a major weapon from our biggest rival, even if that weapon doesn't turn out to be as effective as we'd hoped, it's still a net win for the Canes.

Advertisement
Can’t let this kid come back if all that culture talk means anything . Would send several negative messages all at once . I’m sure he was given every chance to change his mind before leaving , and I’m sure he knew there was a chance his waiver might not get approved. He left anyways . Lay in that bed big dawg
I don't agree with this. Everyone deserves a second chance - especially a young athlete that can easily be swayed into a bad decision.

Advertisement
0 chance NCAA would let him return to Miami after an offseason of learning about FSU. And for those saying it makes FSU weaker they already are once he's ruled ineligible, we don't have to bring him back to accomplish that.
That would be a good outcome as well. As long as he doesn't play against us, I'm happy.

Has he asked to come back? If not, I'll worry about it when he does.
There’s been rumors for awhile the waiver wouldn’t pass but this would make no sense. Just on the coming back and reenrolling to Miami after being enrolled at FSU. Not even sure how that could be a thing.

Practices have started and you know who’s in the boat now, It’s go time. Other than that remember the code word “ culture “. Like I said it makes no sense and on many levels.

He made his bed now sit out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We didn’t replace him body wise but we got a much better and productive player in Deen.
In Guidry’s scheme, I think we’ll be fine. Sounds like there’ll be lots of moving parts. Mesidor said he’ll be moving inside on certain downs to mess with the guards.

No denying his potential but he was way overrated last year. As big as he is, he mostly sucked against the run and folded like a cheap suite against double teams. He aint no dog, thats for sure. If the light turns on he could be very disruptive but I will believe it when I see it.

Either way, what we are lacking is a big run stuffer that can hold the point against doubles. He isn't, nor will ever be that.

There’s been rumors for awhile the waiver wouldn’t pass but this would make no sense. Just on the coming back and reenrolling to Miami after being enrolled at FSU. Not even sure how that could be a thing.

Practices have started and you know who’s in the boat now, It’s go time. Other than that remember the code word “ culture “. Like I said it makes no sense and on many levels.

He made his bed now sit out.
I don’t agree. Anyone can make a bad decision. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Advertisement
Back