Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

I don’t see why this is so divisive.

We were told his mother was ill, and he wanted to be closer.
No rumors of disciplinary problems or cancerous behavior. Performed well on the field.
Most of us were bummed to hear he was transferring. Assume the coaches felt the same.

Fast forward, he may want to come back. Cool.

Either mom got better, or mom can move down here now (NIL money?), or he saw FSU up close and decided it wasn’t his best move.

What about any of that could we as fans have anger or issues with?
Why crap on the dude or the coaches if the above is true?
All facts. We don’t know his situation. Every one is different.

Advertisement
So he wants to be a backup player with less money…..man he must really not want to be a Cane which concerns me with his level of commitment to this team even if he decides to stay. Yes me need him and our DT room is a mess but man this isn’t the type of dudes to build your team around. He is a flake and May quit game 5 if adversity hits.

2 things...1, his level of commitment showed in his play, he was always hustling to the ball. 2, it must've been really toxic in that locker room this past season.

Here's the funniest part of Blow-stein's article:

"One non-FSU source has gone as far to say that Miami will not sign off on a hardship waiver for Jackson."

Uh, yeah, right. Miami has cooperated and assisted at every stage. Who is this "one non-FSU source"? And why would Miami need to offer any money at all if we were simply blackmailing the kid by refusing to sign off on his hardship waiver?

I also like the number of "LLLLLLLL"s added to "welllllll into 6 figures". Well into 6 figures? That's what we were already paying him. Oh, so we are paying the same amount again? Wouldn't that constitute "Year 2"?

Leave it to an F$U site to round up all the rumors, amplify them, and then print them as fact.
Unbelievable.

Advertisement
It’s not just the coaches. There’s an entire level of fanbases that have become indifferent toward the sport because of the portal. A stud at West Virginia has a 10% chance of staying.

The integrity of the sport and making it a good product for the most amount of fans leads to better NIL opportunity in the long run. It’s becoming a joke. Sitting at least a portion of the games would reduce the amount of kids hitting the portal for a little bit more money or leveraging their own team for more money.

The NFL doesn’t have 24/7 free agency for a reason.
Add that to the list of things for collective bargaining

Advertisement
propaganda machine conflicts itself

Why would we offer him “stupid money” and in same breath not sign his hardship waiver? So many of these bootleg “writers” and “insiders” throw anything out there for clicks and clout

propaganda machine conflicts itself

Why would we offer him “stupid money” and in same breath not sign his hardship waiver? So many of these bootleg “writers” and “insiders” throw anything out there for clicks and clout
I always though you applied through the NCAA for a waiver and they approve or deny it. First I am hearing that the school your leaving decides your fate.

Yea… remember when we didn’t give a fucc about what an article on an FSU site, said? Yeah ….. fun times. What’s happened to our CIS?

Truthfully, it is that because we are not good, we must fight amongst ourselves so posters can be right about something…

We’ve gotten soft like our team to the point where we can’t even discuss our little brother without it turning into fear and tears vs nice move, **** em, we’ll still beat them…

Advertisement
I think I got everything straight.

FSU tampered to begin with.

It caught Miami off guard when he left initially.

FSU staff tried using a Mom illness to get him to come and play without a waiver.

Miami was cooperative, but then DJ realized after Lovett come back he still wasn’t guaranteed a waiver, and now he may be 2nd team.

Also factoring in is FSU broke self wasn’t giving him nearly as much nIL money as he was getting from Miami. He reached back out to Mario about potentially coming back.

This is where we are. FSU writers are complete dorks.

Lu, it's just the way it is today.

It's money, that's what's driving recruiting these days. It's no different than our basketball player that said he was looking into transferring and boom, bag dropped.

Players are playing the game. The locker room won't care that he almost went to FSU if he comes back, he can play and will play. He's just getting more money to do so and the guys around him will be like ****, maybe I can get more.

NIL is a cluster ****. If we think it's mad, imagine being on the front lines with 85 guys having their hands out. With no contracts like the NFL, it's the wild west out there.
Kids are getting a taste of the big leagues. Players hold out all the time for money or feign injury to protect themselves for a bigger contract. NFL players understand the business side and you usually don’t see any animosity from teammates and they are welcomed back in the locker room.

Look at Byron Jones for the Dolphins. He is literally stealing checks and is healthy enough to play but refuses because he knows he will be cut in the off season.

I haven’t heard one player call him out for refusing to go out and help the team since many of them are banged up too.

There was a WR for the dolphins a couple of years ago who quit on the team but players said nothing either. He got paid $10 million for maybe a couple of games.

I don’t like what Jackson is doing but I’m not in that locker room. That’s what matters.

Advertisement
I think I got everything straight.

FSU tampered to begin with.

It caught Miami off guard when he left initially.

FSU staff tried using a Mom illness to get him to come and play without a waiver.

Miami was cooperative, but then DJ realized after Lovett come back he still wasn’t guaranteed a waiver, and now he may be 2nd team.

Also factoring in is FSU broke self wasn’t giving him nearly as much nIL money as he was getting from Miami. He reached back out to Mario about potentially coming back.

This is where we are. FSU writers are complete dorks.

This reads a lot like what we laugh at in the tears thread…

Ya’ll have lost your **** minds…

Screenshot_20230108_113734_Discord.jpg

Advertisement
Back