Confirmed Darrell Jackson hits the portal

Except there were other options beside Manny Diaz. The pool of available DT talent is very shallow

I think it is important to remain patient with the portal and not get bogged down with the day to day. It is wise to evaluate come August...the players available is ever changing. You never know who knows somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody that could be interested and come out of nowhere.

And, to be fair, we got a good transfer in the chamber. Analytics love him. Eye test looks good. I think we're in a position to be more picky and we're just looking for the right fit to fill a role over desperation mode. I feel the same about WR, FWIW. If we end this process and end up with a Grant Dubose type come May...I'm not complaining and I think we'd have improved the room. Same thing with DT...I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer more than one...but I think the right fit and finish and we'd be ok there.

Advertisement
We could really use him. I’m not trying to see teams shove our 280lb DTs 3 yards downfield every run play. We literally have nobody at 1 Tech who’s ever played a snap.
Pitt was 8th vs the run last year and they weren’t huge at DT. It’s definitely doable

Advertisement
Except there were other options beside Manny Diaz. The pool of available DT talent is very shallow
I've seen a pretty good influx of DT talent in portal. Our chances of signing them has been the only thing that's shallow

Advertisement
Not a fan of it.

Obviously because it's FSU and DT I understand but still not a fan

Now while I get the comparisons to Jeff Thomas. He had more discipline stuff here. It's a bit different

Mario knows if there is one position we need to be overpaying for someone it is at DT and we know we got a stud in DJ so pay him like a star QB. And now go get some WRs and an OC

Explain: Mario knows….

Meets

We are lacking at that position.

Advertisement
Wait… dude hit portal to go to FSU. Now he just gonna be like syke I’m going back to UM? Is this for real?
Sure, why not.

It makes FSU weaker at what is otherwise now one of their strongest positions.

It makes us stronger at our weakest (or thinnest) position.

We go head to head.

It's a bad look for FSU.

All is forgiven, Mr. Jackson.

Yall have been taught about needs and wants I am sure. In an ideal world, we have about 5011studs chomping at the bit for their opportunity. Thus we can tell Jackson go to Fam U to be near Momma if FSU too deep for him. But we NEED him. If we are deficient in the trenches, expect a similar season. This portal and recruiting class for this year needs to be about them trenches. Stack stack stack talent.

Advertisement
Bring him to me…

41E6FD54-5228-498A-B832-9EF247ECC43D.gif

Kid overplayed his hand. Emotionally entered the portal after the season and thought he was walking into the perfect situation at FSU, between playing time and being closer to home.

Then FSU adds via the portal and productive players on the DL announce that they're coming back, and suddenly, the situation at Miami seems far better and he's having buyers remorse.

This isn't like the Thomas situation in that they'd be u-turning on a disciplinary decision but this is also a kid that decided he didn't want to be at Miami anymore. Was it truthfully because his mom is/was sick and Miami can offer him and his family a better overall situation (NIL included) or did he play himself with FSU and wants to come running back?

I know we're in desperate need of DT's but taking him back reeks of something Manny would do, regardless of what's true. We're talking about a kid who's now been at 3 schools in the last 12 months. Let him stay buried on the depth chart in Tally.

Advertisement
Back