Darian Mensah Is PFF's Highest-Graded QB Through Week 4

Trinton Breeze
2 min read

Comments (24)

1.​

i

Spring ranking: 11th Total QBR: 93.9 | Pass Yds: 1,211 | Rush Yds: 63 | Total TDs: 15

When a QB has an amazing receiver at his disposal -- like, say, Malachi Toney or Ohio State's Jeremiah Smith -- it's hard to know what to do with his passing stats; do you discount them in some way because his job is easier than others'? But I try to make my job easy when I can: Even with Toney, Mensah ranks first among power conference QBs in completion rate (88.7%!), touchdowns (14), yards per dropback (11.0) and passing success rate* (68.7%). When you're No. 1 in that many key categories, you're No. 1 on this list. Miami spent a lot of money bringing Mensah to town, and he has thus far been worth twice as much.

* Success rate is the frequency with which an offense is gaining at least 50% of necessary yardage on first down, 70% on second and 100% on third or fourth.
 
I’m surprised the rankings are that close tbh. If you take away 2nd half against Wake, does that number jump exponentially?
 
I’m surprised the rankings are that close tbh. If you take away 2nd half against Wake, does that number jump exponentially?
This number feels like the second half of wake didn’t happen.
 
Back
Top