Daquris Wiggins at Paradise Camp

1CN

Sophomore
Daquris Wiggins looks **** good especially vs number 26

[video=youtube;XbKrQjMfVgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=81&v=XbKrQjMfVgk[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wiggins will be very interesting. Looks like a star in that vid. Will he be overshadowed by Pope at UM? College game is different.

Anyway right now he's a hero for making Jobe look like a clown.

Yah, I watched that video a few days ago. Wiggins is insanely smooth with his cuts.

He's going to be a very good one.

If we have a QB which I believe we have, there will be multiple studs. We have a couple TE’s who may be the biggest studs of all. I don’t think Wiggins will be overshadowed by Pope. I hope Pope is the man but but I expect Wiggins to be very good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jobe has suspect change of direction. He’s not a corner.

Said the same thing when I first saw him. But... he looks like a big time s prospect cause he can run

Yea. I’m sure his game translates better when the pads are on. Real strong straight line speed....but his COD is trash. Not happy we lost the battle....but not losing sleep over it either.

Advertisement
If we have a QB which I believe we have, there will be multiple studs. We have a couple TE’s who may be the biggest studs of all. I don’t think Wiggins will be overshadowed by Pope. I hope Pope is the man but but I expect Wiggins to be very good.

QB is the key. All the WR talent in the world won't help you if your QB can't get the ball to them.

Said the same thing when I first saw him. But... he looks like a big time s prospect cause he can run

Yea. I’m sure his game translates better when the pads are on. Real strong straight line speed....but his COD is trash. Not happy we lost the battle....but not losing sleep over it either.

Yep.... lose a guy you replace him with someone better either this year or the next. That's how you gotta be. Butch Davis did this to perfection. Wanted james carter bad back late 90's early 2000's a..a.Miami ended up with Sean Taylor.

Advertisement

I've heard the complete opposite. They say his hips are extremely fluid for a man of his size, that he plays out at safety but can easily play corner

Im not making that statement because of what I’ve heard. The camp videos (not just the one in this thread) don’t look all that hot. Just my $.02

That's what I was thinking. I'm not an expert on x's and o's, but it seems the technique for a safety is different--it's more downhill.

Maybe some of the experts here could comment on it.

Wiggins will be very interesting. Looks like a star in that vid. Will he be overshadowed by Pope at UM? College game is different.

Anyway right now he's a hero for making Jobe look like a clown.

Seems fast and smooth in and out of his cuts. Ultimately, that might be more important for a WR than straight line speed. How often does a WR get a chance to outrun a DB? Not as often as you have to get away from the DB on a shorter pattern.

Advertisement
Back