Daniel Carter Talks Miami and Aquinas

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
I had a chance to speak with Daniel Carter regarding his recruitment. Here is what he had to say.

In describing himself as a player, the 5’11 207 lbs running back said he tries to model his game after former Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott. “My favorite running back is Ezekiel Elliott. I watch a lot of his highlight tapes and try to put what he does into my own game.”

The Saint Thomas players have discussed the idea of playing together at the next level, but it does not seem like it will play a huge role in their recruitments. “Yea, we all have conversations about if we would all go to the same college, how would it be.”

Coach Brown has done a good job staying in contact with all of the different running back targets for the 2019 class. “Me and him are starting (to) build a relationship together.”

When asked about the other schools he is in contact with Carter named: Georgia, Pittsburgh, Kentucky, LSU, and Ohio State. Carter did not name a top school, but this is who he calls his top group: Miami, Oregon, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Tennessee, Texas, Ole Miss, and Louisville.

Spring visits play an important role in many players’ recruitments, and Carter is no different. “I’m trying to plan some with my parents, I don't know where yet.” Even more important than spring visits are official visits during the season, but Carter has not thought that far ahead. “No, I’m not sure where. I just have to see where my head's at.”

Carter does not have a timetable set up for when he wants to commit because he is focusing on getting Aquinas back to the state championship game for his senior season. “My goals are 2,000 yards with 25 touchdowns.” As for Aquinas, “Go undefeated and win (the) National Championship and states.”

Carter and the rest of the Saint Thomas players will try to get Aquinas back to the state title game after missing it for the first time in three years in 2017.

*Quick note on running back recruiting in general. Outside of Trey Sanders, it is not clear who Miami wants in the 2019 class. Right now they are keeping their options open by staying in contact with guys like Carter, Cain, Mellusi, King, McIntosh, and Crowley. The board will become more clear as the recruiting process continues to play out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's clear who the staff wants at rb. Its obvious that sanders and mcintosh are the top 2 guys on the board and crowley is committed.

They know they probably would only get 1 between sanders and mcintosh and that's likely why they took crowley early as the 2nd back. Carter is probably a backup plan in case they miss on those 2 guys.

Advertisement
It's clear who the staff wants at rb. Its obvious that sanders and mcintosh are the top 2 guys on the board and crowley is committed.

They know they probably would only get 1 between sanders and mcintosh and that's likely why they took crowley early as the 2nd back. Carter is probably a backup plan in case they miss on those 2 guys.

I think they have Crowley right there with those top 2 and maybe above Mcintosh.

First time I saw his film I saw flashes of Zeke which is funny that he says he studies Zeke and tries to emulate his style. Be interesting to see how his recruitment plays out particularly with the interest we have with a bunch of his teammates.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back