2024 Daniel Calhoun 4* OL from GA

Advertisement
This staff is relentless (especially when it comes to OL recruiting)

"Ever since I dropped my top 10 they've been coming at me hard," Calhoun told All Hurricanes' Brian Smith Sunday at the Under Armour All-America camp outside of Atlanta. "Miami wasn't in the 10."
Calhoun has a busy slate of visits upcoming, but admits he has yet to see Miami in person. He also said he expects The U to continue to court him after coaches went by his high school this spring.

Advertisement

"Ever since I dropped my top 10 they've been coming at me hard," Calhoun told All Hurricanes' Brian Smith Sunday at the Under Armour All-America camp outside of Atlanta. "Miami wasn't in the 10."
Calhoun has a busy slate of visits upcoming, but admits he has yet to see Miami in person. He also said he expects The U to continue to court him after coaches went by his high school this spring.

Cristobal: Idgaf about your list Daniel come be a Cane 👀

The same thing happened with Samson last year he did not have us in his top list

Advertisement

I know Daniel and his family well. Brother played for Wake Forest. Dad is a coach. He's a great kid and comes from an outstanding family. If Mario pulls this one off, it'd be nothing but props to him. Doubt he comes to the U, but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

UGA, Bama, Tenn, & Texas scheduled as OVs. Miami, Ohio St and Florida are the 3 in contention for the final OV left.

--

Calhoun said he will take unofficial visits in the spring, but he is yet to set any up. Those could play a role in the fifth official visit, and he is giving a close look to each of them and how they develop offensive linemen.

"It's really about the development at Ohio State," Calhoun said. "Coach (Justin) Frye, the offensive line coach, he is really good."

The amount of attention Florida fives to the offensive line piqued Calhoun's interest.

"They have five offensive line coaches," he said. "That really helps the offensive linemen out."

Miami has made a big push in the last six weeks, and are now in position to make a significant move in Calhoun's recruitment. He said it helps coach Mario Cristobal is a former offensive lineman.

"I know they weren't in my top 10, but they've really been pushing me, texting me," he said. "It's also coach Cristobal, (offensive line) coach (Alex) Mirabal."

--

The part of the article where he speaks on the 3 in consideration.

Advertisement
So we didn't make the Top 10 but are in contention for the final visit. We've seen this pattern previously (especially when it comes to the OL).
Hopefully an unofficial gets set up and lays the groundwork for an OV. Need the Mario x Mirabal x LifeWallet magic working Pancake & Mauigoa style.

InsideTheU reported earlier this week that Miami was working on getting Walton (Ga.) Top247 offensive lineman Daniel Calhoun on campus. Well, following a visit to Tennessee this weekend, the nation’s No. 4 tackle prospect told Vols247’s Ryan Callahan that he is coming down to South Florida this coming week. That trip is likely taking place over the weekend, InsideTheU learned.

The 6-foot-6.5, 355-pounder has four official visits set with Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas all holding dates in June. Miami, as well as Auburn and Ohio State are battling for that potential fifth visit that month with a commitment likely coming in August, per Callahan’s report.

Walton is a stones throw from me. I might go check him out. I see the Centennial jersey in his profile picture. Walton must have scooped him up like big programs do. Walton plays really good football.

Advertisement
Walton is a stones throw from me. I might go check him out. I see the Centennial jersey in his profile picture. Walton must have scooped him up like big programs do. Walton plays really good football.
IMO, he made a good move. Centennial must be crushed. Great kid. Great family. Great OL.
Walton plays Roswell in their spring game. Great match-up

On3 upcoming visit report

With spring practices wrapping up this month, Roswell (Ga.) Walton 2024 four-star offensive tackle Daniel Calhoun made it a priority to make a trip to Miami before the Hurricanes’ spring game. Particularly as the Canes continue to fight to land his fifth and final official visit.

Calhoun’s first trip to Miami Saturday couldn’t have come at a more crucial time in his recruitment as he’s already set summer official visits to Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas. The Canes have pushed hard for Calhoun over the last three months, and Miami has now put itself in contention for that last official visit.

“Miami, ever since I dropped my top 10, they’ve been hitting me up, trying to get me down there and stuff like that,” Calhoun said. “They’ve been pushing really hard. It’s going to be a tough one to figure out.”

Calhoun left Miami out of his initial top 10 earlier this year but has become increasingly interested in the Canes as they’ve made their recruiting push. Miami’s staff talks to Calhoun daily and had been pushing to bring him to Coral Gables for months, and he feels better about the Canes after taking his weekend unofficial visit.

“It was my first time being in Miami, so I just wanted to see what it was like being in South Florida,” Calhoun said. “I just really wanted to see how the coaches really coach their players. I wanted to see the intensity they have. It was high intensity. Even though it was hot, they still gave strong effort and were being physical. The visit, I mean it was great. It was good. I learned a lot of good stuff. It was smooth.”

Calhoun’s final official visit decision will come down to the relationships he builds with a school’s coaching staff, and he said he’s now visited every school he’s interested in. He has also visited Auburn in 2023 in addition to the schools he will take official visits to. Auburn Live reported the Tigers are improving their standing with Calhoun after March 17 visit.

He said Miami’s staff didn’t emphasize scheduling an official visit during his first trip to Coral Gables and instead focused more on getting Calhoun to enjoy the visit. He said he does not know when he may announce his final official visit. Calhoun will travel to Austin next weekend for Texas’ spring game and Tuscaloosa April 22 for Alabama’s spring game.

CaneSport’s Take
Calhoun is holding his cards close to his chest about his final official visit, so it’s hard to make a confident suggestion about where he’ll end up heading this summer.

Advertisement
Back