2024 Daniel Akinkunmi - 3 star OL - New offer

NFL Academy product Daniel Akinkunmi is one of the most coveted offensive line prospects remaining in the 2024 recruiting cycle, with Clemson the latest to offer this past week.

Akinkunmi is planning a mid-week official to Miami beginning on Sept. 11.

“Miami is a great program which is up and coming, who knows where they could be in the near future,” Akinkunmi said. “Coach (Alex) Mirabal has done some good things in his career and he is an amazing person and coach with a lot of energy. I can’t wait to see the beautiful place of Miami.”

Oklahoma….

Terrence Ross Wow GIF

Advertisement
Exactly…I just don't think 12-13 will leave

I believe we will take around 25 HS…and 3-4 portal

Then substitute any other portal attrition give and take
And that may be the case. But what the other guy that tagged me needs to understand is the fact that this staff will send people packing. They will replace the guys that can’t play. And if your numbers are correct with respect to the portal 3-4 kids…….One will be a QB, and 3 will be DTs. I think it’s more likely that we take 25-27 high school kids and they take 6-8 portal kids with kids told to leave and kids hitting the portal.

And that may be the case. But what the other guy that tagged me needs to understand is the fact that this staff will send people packing. They will replace the guys that can’t play. And if your numbers are correct with respect to the portal 3-4 kids…….One will be a QB, and 3 will be DTs. I think it’s more likely that we take 25-27 high school kids and they take 6-8 portal kids with kids told to leave and kids hitting the portal.

I think we've already gotten rid of a lot of dead weight.

As of right now in the portal, before unexpected attrition which of course there will be some

I think the locks are
DT
IOL

Then the maybes are (again before we get into replacing attrition)
WR
DE
QB (I know they want a QB, but it's not a lock that they get anyone worth a **** and maybe Emory Williams continues to wow)
DB

(obviously every position is a maybe, but I think those spots above is where they will definitely be looking for portal…I don't think we will be looking for LB, OT for instance at portal unless we lose seem)

Advertisement
I think we've already gotten rid of a lot of dead weight.

As of right now in the portal, before unexpected attrition which of course there will be some

I think the locks are
DT
IOL

Then the maybes are (again before we get into replacing attrition)
WR
DE
QB (I know they want a QB, but it's not a lock that they get anyone worth a **** and maybe Emory Williams continues to wow)
DB

(obviously every position is a maybe, but I think those spots above is where they will definitely be looking for portal…I don't think we will be looking for LB, OT for instance at portal unless we lose seem)
They have gotten rid of some of the dead weight. So you may be right on. I can’t imagine a QB not added. I wish TVD would come back for that covid year next year but we will see. Or am I wrong there?

O line and DT I agree with. Gotta have it. I expect this team to be much stronger. Beat A& M this year has to happen

NFL Academy product Daniel Akinkunmi is one of the most coveted offensive line prospects remaining in the 2024 recruiting cycle, with Clemson the latest to offer this past week.

Akinkunmi is planning a mid-week official to Miami beginning on Sept. 11.

“Miami is a great program which is up and coming, who knows where they could be in the near future,” Akinkunmi said. “Coach (Alex) Mirabal has done some good things in his career and he is an amazing person and coach with a lot of energy. I can’t wait to see the beautiful place of Miami.”

I love this scenario. The kid visits Miami, and a number of his other offers. He states he likes Miami, but ends up, choosing Oklahoma or Clemson. Oddly his 247 ranking rises from 3* to 4* and CIS porsters complaining about this offer will point this out as Mario getting his butt kicked on the trail.

Advertisement
Are we actually in this? Or are we just a logo on a graphic lol?
Nope. OU is the leader. Not 100% where he has visits set up.

Someone who works for FSU basketball just told me this about foreign players and NIL. They can only get NIL deals from their country of origin. Maybe @Peter Ariz can help with this.

But that will hurt us with players from outside the country (like the big Swede from last cycle)

Advertisement
As he’s from here, I kept up with his recruitment a little. Seems to be all Oklahoma and neither us or Clemson were in the top 10, surprised to see us both in the top 5

Someone who works for FSU basketball just told me this about foreign players and NIL. They can only get NIL deals from their country of origin. Maybe @Peter Ariz can help with this.

But that will hurt us with players from outside the country (like the big Swede from last cycle)
I thought our NIL did some wonders for Big Lou the past couple years? Maybe I misread something about his NIL...

I thought our NIL did some wonders for Big Lou the past couple years? Maybe I misread something about his NIL...
I think so but it took some time for him to get his (?)

We were talking about the player from Spin for them and how they were limited with NIL for him for that reason.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Back