D'Andre Ferby 2014 Power RB with UM Interest

Paranos

All-ACC
With UM still looking for a big back for the 2014 Class, after Saturday's performance by Ensworth HS RB D'Andre Ferby, I think UM will bWithrning up the heat. UM has been recruiting/ evaluating the kid quietly for a while now, I am going to say for Defense since Corn Elder was main show at RB for Ensworth previously. But with a very solid year I think UM offers the 6'2" 220lbs manchild who threw a powerball 39ft as a sophomore an that also runs a legit 4.56sec 40yd which he displayed to the nation on espn during the game on his way to rushing for 194yds and 3 TD's against the nations #2 team at the time ( that hadn't lost a game in 2 years).

UM has been evaluating this kid for 2 years now, so I am thinking they wanted to see how he will perform as a full time starter. I think UM was evaluating him specifically as a LB/DE but he is a powerful runner (very raw) that will most likely need a red-shirt year to adjust to the college game. He can run over high school kids but FBS players will be a different story not to mention Saturday night he had Gigantic holes to run through, I also like that he fought through conditioning problems playing both ways.

Funny thing is apparently UT fans are bashing this kid on Volnations per his responses to him on Twitter. Also apparently Tennessee Titan Players where also tweeting the young man about his game performance Saturday night, along with his very good friend Corn Elder. I like that he stayed humble an shouted his entire Oline for paving the way for a team win, and his new found celebrity.

https://twitter.com/Mr_El_Guapo

I also think when D'Andre Ferby & has family re-watch and the game and hear all the UM references along with his boy Corn Elder in his ear about UM I think it could help UM take the inside track for this kid if UM does pick up recruiting interest in him; provided he has his academics in order.

In his 2nd game of the 2013 season Ferby ran 104yds on 3 carries for 3 TD's, then he was done for the night as his team won by 40 pts.

Ferby watched the UM vs UF an I am sure saw a role for him as a power back to compliment our current RB's.

Go Canes!

D'Andre Ferby carries No. 18 Ensworth to win over No. 2 Trinity - USA TODAY High School Sports

2012 Season Highlights (Nothing Compared to 2013 Game against Trinity HS)
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlyi38DjFbE[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gurley (spelling?) is an upright runner.. Most big backs look that way until they lower the shoulders

Weren't Eric ****erson and Chuck Muncie upright runners? Many of you guys might not remember Muncie, but in his best years he was pretty good running back. Of course ****erson was a phenom.

Advertisement
Very interesting that you talk about his powerball number. I'm not up on a lot of stuff, and I was intrigued by your mention this kid throws it 39 feet. Just tried to google it and came up with all kinds of lottery websites.

I pressed on and found this article on SPARQ testing and the kneeling powerball:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-analysis/2013/5/16/4338100/sparq-a-fire-measuring-the-type-of-athlete-the-seahawks-hunt-for

Interestingly, the author of the author makes a rough calculation that a 40 foot powerball throw might translate into bench pressing 225 pounds 20 times. I believe that would be pretty exceptional for a HS athlete. So, this kid would translate into BP 225 lbs. quite a few times.

We do have multiple connections to Pete Carroll. who, according to the article, is a big fan of SPARQ and might have helped develop the current version: Jedd Fisch, Jethro Franklin and Brennan.

By the way, I also have a friend who is a former UM player from back in the '60's, whose son just started as a special teams assistant with the Seahawks. His son is in the earliest stage of his pro coaching career but his father would someday love to see him end up with the Canes coaching. Not a bad coaching tree to have guys who worked under Carroll.

Getting back to Ferby, I would guess that his powerball number translates into a pretty strong and explosive athlete. He did that in 10th grade!

Advertisement
do want. beast.

The best part is his BEST FRIEND is Corn Elder and from what I gather Ferby would probably commit very quickly after receiving an offer, but I think staff wants to exhaust all options with Dalvin Cook and take a stab at landing Leonard Fournette whom I feel is just looking for a vacation before committing to LSU. I think Ferby could be a poor man's Fournette which I would gladly take! I wish Ensworth would put out a early season highlight video of him, but then again with UM working the back channels on this young man it may be in our best interest that he remains somewhat under the radar until UM's last RB spot for the 2014 class situation is sorted out. But I also think because of recent developments with 2015 RB Jaques Patrick's brother committing to FIU an their mother wanting them to play near each other if not at the same school, having an under the radar back like Ferby commit to UM for 2014 would not scare Patrick off, where as a back like Fournette might.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
392.jpg

Advertisement
Back