Dana Holgorsen As Oc?

252cane

All-ACC
He is on the hot seat in west virginia and i seen there are saying if they don't win at least 8 games he is done.

The guy is a good offensive mind and you pair him with a guy like butch running the d, **** can get real scary.

What y'all think about something like this?

Advertisement
Would be an incredible OC.

The one way that I'd get excited about Butch being HC is if he brings in a guy like Dana Hologram as OC. I just can't get excited about Davis's past approach to offensive football, especially his most recent abortion in John Shoop.

Here's another guy Davis should look at if he likely gets greased: Kevin Wilson. Wilson is an offensive master, and is also a great OL teacher.

I mean his offense with our athletes and the QB we have would be outrageous. The guy turned Geno Smith into a legit NFL draft pick.

I'd love to be the only team in Florida that blows people away offensively. Like, dropping 50 on folks.

Advertisement
It would make no sense to hire him considering he would be offered a HC job in the short time and that would lead to our coaching staff looking for another OC and going through the whole process of teaching the offense again the following season or so on

It would make no sense to hire him considering he would be offered a HC job in the short time and that would lead to our coaching staff looking for another OC and going through the whole process of teaching the offense again the following season or so on

Why would you have to teach a system that is already installed? There are a lot of guys from that coaching tree running those offenses, you just bring another one in.

Would be great if we could pull it off. I don't recall the last time we had an OC with that much experience.

My guess is even if he is canned by WV, he will find a head coaching gig somewhere.

Never know though.

The one way that I'd get excited about Butch being HC is if he brings in a guy like Dana Hologram as OC. I just can't get excited about Davis's past approach to offensive football, especially his most recent abortion in John Shoop.

Here's another guy Davis should look at if he likely gets greased: Kevin Wilson. Wilson is an offensive master, and is also a great OL teacher.

I'll admit. You always pull good names.

Why don't you run for AD?

Advertisement
Would hologram come here as an OC? Why should he? I don't see him getting canned any time soon.

Advertisement
Do we know if he's still on the sauce...cause it sure looks like he's corching anad crootin' like he's up to his **** on whiskey.

Hologram makes sense for OC. Pete tweeted about a possible "Mega Staff" yesterday.
The only thing that concerns me about this "Mega Staff" being assembled, is that it probably won't be in place until Mid-January.

I'm not pro Butch... I don't like what he did at unc.. but he has to bring in a solid x o coordinator period.. both sides of the ball.

Advertisement

Dead on. Kevin Wilson would kill it as OC. I dont think he is any danger though. IU is paying him well and they are getting slightly better year by year.

Advertisement
Back