2023 Damon Wilson - DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button
C508B9D8-C0E6-493C-91CA-564C9A6E1B77.gif
394CD36A-B022-42D4-B05A-6563DD4741E5.gif

Advertisement
Everybody read it. You couldn’t miss it. There were countless posts that claimed schools in “bumf*ck nowhere” couldn’t keep up with big city schools.
Are they though?.
Dudes aint pickin Bama because of NIL.
But big city schools like MIAMI, USC, and even Louisville are in the game. **** yall god Saban was/is literally SCARED of NIL with our very own Miami being caught on tape soliciting boosters and referencing us....remember you being the one I was on it about.

Are they though?.
Dudes aint pickin Bama because of NIL.
But big city schools like MIAMI, USC, and even Louisville are in the game. **** yall god Saban was/is literally SCARED of NIL with our very own Miami being caught on tape soliciting boosters and referencing us....remember you being the one I was on it about.
You should check out the rankings and get back to me. Nothing has changed, except we are landing some more kids. But we also have a real coach who’s an elite recruiter to take into account.

Gona be tough to win another championship if that’s the case. Hope the fan base doesn’t blow this all up if it can’t happen in tier two

Nobody is spending the kind of money Miami and Ruiz are spending to settle for tier 2. Don’t believe what you hear.

It might be good enough for the hardcore fans, and some around the program might want that to be the bar for their own job security, but I guarantee you tier 2 is not good enough for the people writing the checks.

Reactions: jsy
There was NEVER anyone on here saying that. In fact it was the opposite....it was a bunch of ppl onhere saying NIL will only help BAMA....well lie detector test determined that was a lie.

The funny part is the 3 kids in question are from...a program in Fort Lauderdale we never got a kid from, Lakeland, and Venice. 3 places UM doesnt have a foot in
This is actually the truth. I argued with people saying the Nil will put Miami in the game , it was a big positive. Yet people believed it would make the bag schools advantage bigger. I think it’s obvious who was right. Miami has shot up to tier two , a legit top 5-8 recruiting program. The Nil helped us as much as anybody.

Advertisement
This is actually the truth. I argued with people saying the Nil will put Miami in the game , it was a big positive. Yet people believed it would make the bag schools advantage bigger. I think it’s obvious who was right. Miami has shot up to tier two , a legit top 5-8 recruiting program. The Nil helped us as much as anybody.
That's all you could want for as a fan with a top 5 to 8 type of team talent wise each year with this coaching staff would put us right on cusp of playoffs in couple seasons

That's all you could want for as a fan with a top 5 to 8 type of team talent wise each year with this coaching staff would put us right on cusp of playoffs in couple seasons
If your coaching and culture are worth their salt top 5-8 classes should have you playing for conference titles every year , which puts you in playoff contention.

To be fair, the comments saying it would not help us were made under very, very different circumstances… Manny was coach, Ruiz (and others) were not in the picture, the administration wasn’t acting like it is now. And I will be the first to admit I was one of those folks. Happy to be wrong and admit it, but A LOT had to change and fall into place to go from that to this.

I mean, at the time we were excited about the MMA guy paying each player $500 dollars a month. Generous to be sure, but not moving the needle in the current world.

If your coaching and culture are worth their salt top 5-8 classes should have you playing for conference titles every year , which puts you in playoff contention.
So do we need to form a collective to put us over the top ?

Advertisement
You should check out the rankings and get back to me. Nothing has changed, except we are landing some more kids. But we also have a real coach who’s an elite recruiter to take into account.
Us landing more kids is the point. Bama isn't just getting everybody. The talent is going to get spread out a lot more and that's the change we all want.

This. It's why it was so silly when people were talking about the #1 class. We're not in that tier. But with Mario AND NIL, we should be able to push for Top 8-ish classes annually. Let's just split the difference in your range and say we average a ranking of 6.5 over a 4-year period. We will have one of the Top 5 rosters in college football, and if we have coaches who can coach their way out of paper bags, we should be competing for playoff spots annually. We should all be beyond thrilled to sign multiple Top ~7 classes.

We don't need the #1 class. We just need a few Top 6, Top 8 classes stacked on top of each other to field a monster roster. That's very possible with the changes that we and the landscape have made in the past year.

You have to imagine with any type of track record, and kids seeing more than disappointment for the U logo, recruiting only gets easier and can push that top tier, or am I wrong?

es
This. It's why it was so silly when people were talking about the #1 class. We're not in that tier. But with Mario AND NIL, we should be able to push for Top 8-ish classes annually. Let's just split the difference in your range and say we average a ranking of 6.5 over a 4-year period. We will have one of the Top 5 rosters in college football, and if we have coaches who can coach their way out of paper bags, we should be competing for playoff spots annually. We should all be beyond thrilled to sign multiple Top ~7 classes.

We don't need the #1 class. We just need a few Top 6, Top 8 classes stacked on top of each other to field a monster roster. That's very possible with the changes that we and the landscape have made in the past year.

This all day. Besides, the differences between a #4 class and a #7 may be one kid or a slightly higher ranking on a few kids that may be overrated to begin with. I’d say difference between 1 or 2 vs 10 is a little bigger but it would be interesting to do the analysis.

Advertisement

Correct. Also when you are a premier transfer location you can add strategic pieces via the portal. Multiple stacked recruiting classes plus key transfers plus great coaching can get you where you want to go.

Its ok to be disappointed we all want the best. But anyone angry at Mario or anyone on this staff 7 months in isnt realistic. This is all happening without 1 game even occurring.

We are going to lose a few big boy battles this year. It will suck. But a good season (regardless or record just no blowouts) should land us a top 10 class and it looks like the most important number...class average could be top 5 despite the fact that our guys will likely continue to drop because committed players dont get clicks.

A lot of people keep looking at this so negatively.
We weren’t just gonna all of a sudden come out of nowhere and Recruit at an even playing field with a frontrunners.

However, looking at it from the outside and without the orange and green glasses you can make an argument that where we are right now is pretty impressive.

A lot of people on here have talked about how Miami is such a special location and When you talk about the opportunities for nil i it's pretty obvious we have an advantage. Where we don’t have an advantage at is recent success. These corporations and these marketing firms aren’t just gonna start writing checks because now you can pay players.

You guys have to look at the nil opportunities here in Miami when everything becomes equal. We haven’t done a **** thing and we have multiple freshmen with multiple n I L deals outside of Ruiz. People are very impatient and what they fail to look at is what are going to be the NIL opportunities for Miami once were a playoff team, once we have a heisman finalist, once we win the conference.
It won’t even be close imo.

Bama uga Ohio state have a lot of recent success to sell compared to us. Yet here we are standing hard in the paint.

Advertisement

We can get to tier 1 after some success on the field with Mario.

Just imagine if we start winning. I think that could put us up in tier 1 don't you think @Cribby ?

Us landing more kids is the point. Bama isn't just getting everybody. The talent is going to get spread out a lot more and that's the change we all want.
Both can be true. The talent is 100% being spread out more. Also, Bama would miss all the time, their strength was that even when they missed, their backup plans were almost just as good. The early returns after 1.5 years of NIL is that the elite talent is getting more spread around but no bigger portion is being taken from Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back