2023 Damon Wilson - DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
5 star tape I said it right after I watched the Hudl. This dude is in the same ball park as Will Anderson and Dallas Turner in terms of tape. Idk if he’ll be as good as those guys but I wouldn’t be shocked if he is.
He’s got the potential to be better than both. I would say his physical tools/ceiling is higher than both. Just my opinion…

Me checking this thread for some Damon Wilson updates…

Interrupting In And Out GIF by ALLBLK (formerly known as UMC)

Advertisement
Getting back to Wilson...Bama still has the upper hand from what I've read but we've been making some ground especially after his teammate decommitted from bama. When is Wilson announcing?

He’s got the potential to be better than both. I would say his physical tools/ceiling is higher than both. Just my opinion…
I don’t know about that. Will Anderson is probably the best CFB player in the last 10 years. He should’ve won the heisman last year. Dude is unbelievable! The man had 31 TFL’s and 17.5 sacks last season lol

Perspective: Phillips and Roche combined for 30 TFL’s and 12.5 Sacks in 2020. Aiden Hutchinson had David Odjabo combined for 28.5 TFL’s and 25 sacks.

Let me repeat this, BUDDY HAD 31 TFL’s and 17.5 Sacks last year!

I like Wilson a lot and I think he can can have a similar freshman year impact as Dallas Turner and Will. But you are vastly misunderstanding Will Anderson’s ceiling. He has a chance to go down as one the best defensive CFB players ever.

I don’t know about that. Will Anderson is probably the best CFB player in the last 10 years. He should’ve won the heisman last year. Dude is unbelievable! The man had 31 TFL’s and 17.5 sacks last season lol

Perspective: Phillips and Roche combined for 30 TFL’s and 12.5 Sacks in 2020. Aiden Hutchinson had David Odjabo combined for 28.5 TFL’s and 25 sacks.

I like Wilson a lot and I think he can can have a similar freshman year impact as Dallas Turner and Will. But you are vastly misunderstanding Will Anderson’s ceiling. He has a chance to go down as one the best defensive CFB players ever.
Best CFB player in the last 10 years??? He’s d*** good but I wouldn’t go that far.

Advertisement
Yea alot of hyperbole there.

Also considering bama is up alot in games forcing other teams to pass more lead to more opportunities for pass rushing. He is good as **** though but i would pipe down a bit. Done morphed him into LAWRENCE TAYLOR.
They also pull starters early which makes it hard to rack up those kind of stats.

Advertisement
He has a mean get off and a motor like ****. I like him and no he would be tough to block. But i want to see how he is this year b4 i crown him the best defensive player in 10 years cause he raped and pillaged Miss state.
Only arguments would be for Aaron Donald, Kuechly and maybe Bradley Chubb off the top of my head.

Advertisement

That boy destroyed Scaife last year

Reactions: jsy
Nothing makes me happier then landing dominating DTs. Hope we throw everything at Hicks and Smith.
You and me both! I would say that generally speaking, Miami has struggled with consistently recruiting high end

QBs
OL
DTs
CBs

The most exciting thing is knowing that is all about to end!

How did you feel about Greg Rousseau 16 sacks?.
Greg was a beast but they’re two completely different players. Greg was great at using his length and was dominant the second half of his sophomore year. The knock for me, Greg wasn’t dynamic with his pass rush moves and wasn’t crazy effective in the run game. He killed it rushing from the interior and 16 sacks is 16 sacks.

Will is a complete football who is equally as dominant rushing the passer and stopping the run. 31 TFL’s is insane. The dude is unblockable and must be accounted for in all situations. I’d be shocked if he isn’t the first non-qb drafted

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back