2023 Damon Wilson - DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
When Collins picked the wrong UM, I was bummed. However, after watching Damon's HUDL and seeing that burst, if we can pull Damon, I'll be more than good. Its crazy when Mario misses on a recruit, we've got someone even better in the queue right behind them.

@Baba Yaga

The days of this being a quiet thread with a few posts per week are over. Suspect we're going to zoom past the previously dreaded 50 page checkpoint in short order now that

1. We know Damon is a priority
  2. Damon's getting a lot of press now that the top 5 schools are aware of him.
  3. WRE is out and fans from all 5 schools will see that first step.
  4. He's attending the BBQ

Great news!!

Advertisement
Flo said on today's show that the DT position is about to "light up" and be "on fire". Commits coming in the next 2-3 weeks. Says this will have an influence on the outlook with Damon. He says wait until the DT news is out and the BBQ visit from Damon to see how things stand in this recruitment.

January i believe
Their scouting must be terrific. Sarasota County isn't exactly the powerhouse of state talent. We had Sam Shields and I remember Larry Kennedy at UiF in the early 1990s. Maybe Herb Haygood. But Venice finds em. It's remarkable.
It’s a lot of talent in Sarasota.

Just got to get them boys off the streets and on the field.

Tons of talent in Sarasota, Manatee and, Pinellas. We all know how raw Southeast and Manatee used to be. Too many guys get distracted, though.

👀💪🏿🧡💚👍🏾🙌🏿Mario
4D8B65E6-343E-4EEA-9313-44607FBD3CC6.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Flo said on today's show that the DT position is about to "light up" and be "on fire". Commits coming in the next 2-3 weeks. Says this will have an influence on the outlook with Damon. He says wait until the DT news is out and the BBQ visit from Damon to see how things stand in this recruitment.

Nothing makes me happier then landing dominating DTs. Hope we throw everything at Hicks and Smith.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Film is elite! Looks like a 5* guy. Might not be a popular opinion but I think his tape is better than Wayne’s
Its true though. Wayne has elite mensurables but he needs coaching especially hand moves. Bur im sure he will get it. Wilson has a bunch of moves and is aggressive. Wayne has some long *** arms, just need to use them more

Film is elite! Looks like a 5* guy. Might not be a popular opinion but I think his tape is better than Wayne’s
I'll second that. Wilson just seems to be more polished than Wayne is right now but that's nothing against Wayne. It's well known that Wayne has everything you would want and just needs to get elite coaching to develop technique, hand usage etc... and we all know that he's going to get that here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back