****...Everything getting tight lipped out of camp.

Advertisement
I hope so. All the analyst think we are fielding the same team from last year. No one is giving Miami a Chance in this game.

Miami is only a 7 point underdog. That implies something like a 30% chance to win. I don't think that suggests that no one is giving us a chance.

But whatever it takes for you to get hyped up, I guess.

All those dopey “analysts” know less about this team than KrazyCane.

I’m not saying they are sorcerers but it is a little surprising that none of them even think Miami has a shot. I try to be objective and not always a Miami homer but I just don’t see where Florida has some clear talent advantage over Miami.

Yes it’s year two under Mullen so they should be more comfortable with their schemes and they are expecting a big year from Franks and I guess that’s why they think Florida will roll.

Miami is only a 7 point underdog. That implies something like a 30% chance to win. I don't think that suggests that no one is giving us a chance.

Look at the analyst on shows and twitter. All are picking Florida and some say Florida big. I understand what Vegas is saying. We just can’t cone out like LSU and get in a deep hole early

Advertisement
I’m not saying they are sorcerers but it is a little surprising that none of them even think Miami has a shot. I try to be objective and not always a Miami homer but I just don’t see where Florida has some clear talent advantage over Miami.

Yes it’s year two under Mullen so they should be more comfortable with their schemes and they are expecting a big year from Franks and I guess that’s why they think Florida will roll.

I think the Vegas line setters are just chasing where the money was headed. Other than the home ND game a couple years ago, we haven't won a meaningful game against a ranked opponent in ages. Bettors waiting to see it and the line follows their thinking.

Plenty of reasons to think Miami will win, but again neutrals gonna need to see it to believe it. Franks was poor against good defenses last year and padded his stats against chumps. We need to smack his big *** early and get him to make quick decisions. He's another Driskell like gator qb with a pea brain. Canes O needs to be solid and not turn the ball over. If they need to be spectacular for us to win, the our D didn't get it done.

I’ve heard several puppetheads give us a good chance. And LOL at anyone buying stock in Franks. If they had a half decent option at QB Mullet was set to bench Franks mid season. He was even ready to turn it over to a walkon bum, but he got hurt in practice.

We were ranked #8 last year at this time

Just checked. Fvck, it's now 7.5 at most outs.

Advertisement
Look at the analyst on shows and twitter. All are picking Florida and some say Florida big. I understand what Vegas is saying. We just can’t cone out like LSU and get in a deep hole early
What if gator comes out like they did against a weak Missouri team? Everything anyone says negative about us can just as easily be said about gator. Most of America has been brainwashed by espn and is intoxicated on any buttjuice oozing from the sec.

We are in an ideal position imo, esp in light of public expectations.

I truly believe we’ll win by two TDs plus. We’ll still have some growing pains but expecting D to have it locked down, helped by much better O and punting.

Advertisement
We are in an ideal position imo, esp in light of public expectations.

I truly believe we’ll win by two TDs plus. We’ll still have some growing pains but expecting D to have it locked down, helped by much better O and punting.
It’s so reminiscent of the LSU game last year except uf is in Miami’s position whereas everyone is writing us off like they did LSU last year despite Miami being more talented than uf

Advertisement

Most rationales i've heard have very little to do with the matchups that will take place on 08/24. They're based on what occurred last year, what's expected coming out of spring, and historical references (like "Diaz coached for Mullen").

At the end of the day, Gators are going to have to block Jon Garvin and Trevon Hill, likely at the same time. They'll have to cover Jordan and Mallory on the field, likely at the same time. Jeff Thomas will have to be accounted for. On our side, our tackles will have to block their DEs. Someone will have to account for Toney (#1). They'll have to fight for jumpballs against Grimes. And, so on and so forth.

Show us an analysis of the game breaking down the actual players who'll go up against each other, and we can go from there.

Just checked. Fvck, it's now 7.5 at most outs.

I really thought it would get to 6.5 or 6. Surprised it’s moving the their way unless someone knows about some suspensions or they aren’t bought in on Williams and thought Tate was going to win the job.

I really thought it would get to 6.5 or 6. Surprised it’s moving the their way unless someone knows about some suspensions or they aren’t bought in on Williams and thought Tate was going to win the job.
If I had to venture a guess, it's not about suspensions but making sure they get in at -7 before another syndicate does and then they're stuck with -7.5. Still a whole 6 days until kickoff for it to reverse, but not what you'd like to see. It's just rare for a line to zigzag across the 3 or the 7 so if anything I'd expect it to climb to -8 before it goes back to -7 where it's already moved.

updatedlines.png

The over/ under dipped from 50 to 47.5 after the Williams starter news was announced so I’ll assume the spread will obviously go the other way a little bit because of that. It’s meanignless at the end of the day. They don’t glean and analyze the matchups like that and most people just see Miami as an unranked team that just went 7-6 vs uf who is a top 10 team that went 10-3 the previous year

Advertisement
Back