Damian Prince top 5, will visit in January

There is a very large article on him from Rivals. I summarized the best I can, mostly focusing on UM:
Announced official Top 5 of Florida, Florida State, Maryland, Miami and South Carolina. He explained why each school is in it

Florida: Coach Muschamp was honest with him about the firing of Pease and Davis (OL Coach). Muschamp told him they won't hire anyone new until January. He believes Muschamp is a great coach who has had success in the past and thinks they will be better next year. He will visit on January 24.

Florida State: Number 1 team in the country and will be in national championship game. Everyone coming back next year is important. Got to see how great of a coach Fisher is firsthand. Gets along with o-line and o-coordinator well and thinks it would be a great fit.

Maryland: Everything is great with Maryland. Maryland being bowl eligible is good. Comfortable with Maryland because he's been there so much. Coaching staff has really been there for them throughout and is very comfortable with them.

Miami: "They kind of came out of nowhere but they have been coming after me hard," said Prince. "I've got messages and letters from every coach down there. My recruiting coach is always checking in on me. I've talked to the offensive line coach. He has a lot of guys in the NFL. I've talked to Coach Golden. I feel like that's very important because when I'm actually on campus his opinion matters most. The fact that he is in touch with me really shows me that they are really interested in me and I'm not just a guy they gave an offer to. I'll be there for my official visit on January 31."

South Carolina: Talks to Spurrier and Elliot and Mangus. Thinks his style fits well at South Carolina. Thinks he can be a difference maker on their o-line Will visit on January 17.

Prince will host Florida on Tuesday and Miami on Wednesday. South Carolina will be there Friday with Maryland coming on Thursday.

I asked the writer of this article, Adam Friedman the mid-Atlantic analyst for Rivals, if we had a legit shot and he said yes but our OV is very important. This would be a major, major coup and would make our o-line the best haul in the country by a mile.

Link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1582964&PT=4&PR=2

Wow

+1 Gotta be in it to win it. And we're in it

He'd be the best o lineman in a great o line class

Advertisement
There is a very large article on him from Rivals. I summarized the best I can, mostly focusing on UM:
Announced official Top 5 of Florida, Florida State, Maryland, Miami and South Carolina. He explained why each school is in it

Florida: Coach Muschamp was honest with him about the firing of Pease and Davis (OL Coach). Muschamp told him they won't hire anyone new until January. He believes Muschamp is a great coach who has had success in the past and thinks they will be better next year. He will visit on January 24.

Florida State: Number 1 team in the country and will be in national championship game. Everyone coming back next year is important. Got to see how great of a coach Fisher is firsthand. Gets along with o-line and o-coordinator well and thinks it would be a great fit.

Maryland: Everything is great with Maryland. Maryland being bowl eligible is good. Comfortable with Maryland because he's been there so much. Coaching staff has really been there for them throughout and is very comfortable with them.

Miami: "They kind of came out of nowhere but they have been coming after me hard," said Prince. "I've got messages and letters from every coach down there. My recruiting coach is always checking in on me. I've talked to the offensive line coach. He has a lot of guys in the NFL. I've talked to Coach Golden. I feel like that's very important because when I'm actually on campus his opinion matters most. The fact that he is in touch with me really shows me that they are really interested in me and I'm not just a guy they gave an offer to. I'll be there for my official visit on January 31."

South Carolina: Talks to Spurrier and Elliot and Mangus. Thinks his style fits well at South Carolina. Thinks he can be a difference maker on their o-line Will visit on January 17.

Prince will host Florida on Tuesday and Miami on Wednesday. South Carolina will be there Friday with Maryland coming on Thursday.

I asked the writer of this article, Adam Friedman the mid-Atlantic analyst for Rivals, if we had a legit shot and he said yes but our OV is very important. This would be a major, major coup and would make our o-line the best haul in the country by a mile.

Link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1582964&PT=4&PR=2

Wow

+1 Gotta be in it to win it. And we're in it

He'd be the best o lineman in a great o line class

Prince and McDermott at T, Linder at C, Gibbons and Darling can slide to G, maybe? Would be a **** of a class none the less

Who would move to guard tho we already have three tackles committed

Gibbons or Darling would prob be best bet to move inside. It would be a good problem to have.

I think Gibbons, of the group, is the purest tackle.

I disagree, McDermott is the best T in that group, but Gibbons is going to be a good one.

I didn't mean he was the best prospect, although I think he might be. What I meant was that of the Big 3 (Gibbons, Darlin, McDermott), Gibbons seems the least able to slide inside. I might be wrong, but the other two just seem stronger.

I can agree with that, I misunderstood what you meant.

Ive always heard he is a heavy lean to Maryland since he wants to stay home so his family can see him play

ROFLMAO... Dang rock you havent been on board for what a couple of weeks and already you've been negged to the "band" i didnt think that existed only Rs Fr and above lmao

Advertisement
Guys, this kid is pretty much a lock for Maryland. He is such a lock for Maryland, that even the Noles say so.......
And we all know they think they are getting everyone. They thought they were gonna get Chickillo, so you can only imagine how big of a lock Prince is.....

do you ever believe a word a nole says?

Guys, this kid is pretty much a lock for Maryland. He is such a lock for Maryland, that even the Noles say so.......
And we all know they think they are getting everyone. They thought they were gonna get Chickillo, so you can only imagine how big of a lock Prince is.....

do you ever believe a word a nole says?

Only when they predict someone to choose The U. Even then, I'm cautious.

"Everybody's even,"

Of what he wants to see on the visits from the school he chooses "Really just a feeling. there's not any formula to a school that I'm looking for. it's just the right feeling."

"I know a lot about their past, past players of course. And that long run they had in the 1990s to early 2000s. And the tradition that they have going on, all the guys they have in the league."

He says a draw for him to the Canes is line coach Art Kehoe.

"I like coach Kehoe - he has a great pedigree of guys in the league,"

no real new info

Advertisement
The only thing that has me slightly believing we have a 1% chance is that we were last to offer him of his top 5 but he is very adamant about visiting and that we are in it. Just get him here, let him hang out with the other man beasts we have coming in, give his big as a lobster dinner and a U cookie and see what the **** happens

Advertisement
Back