2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair. I will give you Keely. When we were recruiting Young thougn our focus at the time was primarily on Baxter. To the point that we didn't really take a commitment from him when he was more than open to early on. Young was not recruited to the level that Mario recruits a dude when he really wants him ( in this case Baxter option A).

And I will give you that yes we dont know who else they went head to head for, but from the known battles at worst it's 10-2
Sure but then that applies to at least Wayne, Malik, Riley, Robby and others. We outright beat him for Cormani, Mauigoa, Samson, Popo and I guess Bain. The comment about Young actually applies to Bain, they were after him but they had others higher on the list. Look, Mario is the man but this is sugar coating it. Bottom line is we went after Young as they went after Bain, this isnt Manny where we were only recruiting one back, we were recruiting multiple backs. Mario is the man, but this is a homer post.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1671495196410.gif

Sure but then that applies to at least Wayne, Malik, Riley, Robby and others. We outright beat him for Cormani, Mauigoa, Samson, Popo and I guess Bain. The comment about Young actually applies to Bain, they were after him but they had others higher on the list. Look, Mario is the man but this is sugar coating it. Bottom line is we went after Young as they went after Bain, this isnt Manny where we were only recruiting one back, we were recruiting multiple backs. Mario is the man, but this is a homer post.
No. Bama went after Riley, Malik, Robby and Wayne Hard. Riley was their top TE target and the #2 TE in the nation when he commited. And Saban wanted Robby real bad, made multiple pushes to flip him . Saban wanted 2 Wrs from South FL: Robby and Innis. Wayne was also one of his top targets at DE and Popo as well for LB. All of those guys were #1 options for Bama and of course Bama being Bama they turned to "Plan B" kids that were also elite.

Had Mario not been here most of those dudes would have been Bama bound and they would have probably been top 100-150 players in the nation. Wayne would be a 5⭐️ DE right now for example.These were the exact battles that we have been losing to Bama since forever. Now because we are winning them it is not because these were plan b kids for Saban.

Advertisement
No. Bama went after Riley, Malik, Robby and Wayne Hard. Riley was their top TE target and the #2 TE in the nation when he commited. And Saban wanted Robby real bad, made multiple pushes to flip him . Saban wanted 2 Wrs from South FL: Robby and Innis. Wayne was also one of his top targets at DE and Popo as well for LB. All of those guys were #1 options for Bama and of course Bama being Bama they turned to "Plan B" kids that were also elite.

Had Mario not been here most of those dudes would have been Bama bound and they would have probably been top 100-150 players in the nation. Wayne would be a 5⭐️ DE right now for example.These were the exact battles that we have been losing to Bama since forever. Now because we are winning them it is not because these were plan b kids for Saban.
They wanted Wayne but bowed out early. Popo they fought for til the end. I agree they wanted Robby but they wanted him the same was we wanted some their guys. You are remembering this through only orange and green glasses because Bama has been the big bad wolf for so long. We beat them CM, Maui, Samson, Popo, Bain and hopefully Damari next. They beat us for Olus, Young, Feeley, and Benson. Im not gonna count Hurley and guys like that. Mario got the better of Saban this cycle, but saying 10-2 is some Gator delusional logic. I dont mean to be disrespectful but its outright homerism.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They wanted Wayne but bowed out early. Popo they fought for til the end. I agree they wanted Robby but they wanted him the same was we wanted some their guys. You are remembering this through only orange and green glasses because Bama has been the big bad wolf for so long. We beat them CM, Maui, Samson, Popo, Bain and hopefully Damari next. They beat us for Olus, Young, Feeley, and Benson. Im not gonna count Hurley and guys like that. Mario got the better of Saban this cycle, but saying 10-2 is some Gator delusional logic. I dont mean to be disrespectful but its outright homerism.
Again you can say homerism till the cows come home but it's just not true. Saban jas a habit of establishing himself in South FL. He cherry picks his targets. This year at WR it was Robby and Innis. He lost on both to Mario and Hartline no shame in that. Again in earlier cycles those guys are Bama bound. Keeley came in play for Bama long after Wayne committed. Why did they back off Wayne? Because Cristobal had his teeth in that recrutiment since he was in 8th grade. Saban's attempt to lure him were DOA.

Now my question is if Manny Diaz/Al Golden/ Randy Shannon and even Richt were here what do you think our record for the KNOWN battles vs Saban would be?

You DO realize that this 10-2 thing would possibly be flipped right now and that they would be part of Saban's class? These were top targets for both staffs. And Miami came out on top. For sure all of these guys were at the top of Miami's board in their respective position as "must gets". We lose these must gets every single year to Bama.

So **** yeah we will go at LEAST 10-2
on our top targets vs Saban. The same targets that would more than likely be in their class now (pushing some of their
current commits out because they cant take 45 players) had Mario not been there.

Again you can say homerism till the cows come home but it's just not true. Saban jas a habit of establishing himself in South FL. He cherry picks his targets. This year at WR it was Robby and Innis. He lost on both to Mario and Hartline no shame in that. Again in earlier cycles those guys are Bama bound. Keeley came in play for Bama long after Wayne committed. Why did they back off Wayne? Because Cristobal had his teeth in that recrutiment since he was in 8th grade. Saban's attempt to lure him were DOA.

Now my question is if Manny Diaz/Al Golden/ Randy Shannon and even Richt were here what do you think our record for the KNOWN battles vs Saban would be?

You DO realize that this 10-2 thing would possibly be flipped right now and that they would be part of Saban's class? These were top targets for both staffs. And Miami came out on top. For sure all of these guys were at the top of Miami's board in their respective position as "must gets". We lose these must gets every single year to Bama.

So **** yeah we will go at LEAST 10-2
on our top targets vs Saban. The same targets that would more than likely be in their class now (pushing some of their
current commits out because they cant take 45 players) had Mario not been there.
We are going to agree to disagree here. Yeah, Saban went 2-10 here but has the #1 class in America going away. Mario bested him this cycle for sure, but not 10-2 and then you add at least... its Gator level homeriam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back