2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
The impact of the sanctions on golden was largely overblown. He never won a single game against a remotely quality team and was responsible for the most lopsided loss in program history (in year 5).

Richt’s excuse is Parkinson’s and he still put a way better product out there than golden ever did. He won the coastal, had a better winning percentage, won a bowl game, beat more ranked opponents, made a ny6 game, and had no where near the level of embarrassing moments. This isn’t close.
If you don't think those sanctions crippled us you weren't following close enough.

If you don't think those sanctions crippled us you weren't following close enough.

They hurt sure. However, when combined w/ Mr. 300 Page Binder, they definitely became crippling as you mention. Golden was all hype and very little substance as a HC.

They hurt sure. However, when combined w/ Mr. 300 Page Binder, they definitely became crippling as you mention. Golden was all hype and very little substance as a HC.

Miami fans are amazing when they side with the NCAA or FBI because they’ve warped their mind around hating a coach so much…

Advertisement
Miami fans are amazing when they side with the NCAA or FBI because they’ve warped their mind around hating a coach so much…

Not sure if I misread/misunderstood your reply or not? But my disgust w/ Golden stems from his production as our HC and his steadfast loyalty to Onofrio.

Not sure if I misread/misunderstood your reply or not? But my disgust w/ Golden stems from his production as our HC and his steadfast loyalty to Onofrio.

I agree and think that loyalty did him in. Common trend of coaches it seems to be loyal to a staff, process, scheme, etc.

My comment was in general. Once our fan base sours on a coach, we know no reasonableness — even going so far as to minimize NCAA and FBI investigations into the programs.

Advertisement
I agree and think that loyalty did him in. Common trend of coaches it seems to be loyal to a staff, process, scheme, etc.

My comment was in general. Once our fan base sours on a coach, we know no reasonableness — even going so far as to minimize NCAA and FBI investigations into the programs.

I can see that. Was mostly off message boards at that point and only returned full time here about this time last year. So I missed the Golden saga but I know what you're saying from my Grassy days.

We lost 9 scholarships over 3 years. You act like it was the sanctions Butch had to deal with. Nobody talked about “the cloud” more than fat al, it wouldn’t have even been a thing with a real head coach.

This is a guy that was petrified of playing the bo pelini Nebraska teams, sued the university, and did not accomplish a single thing of substance while here.

There is not a single objective measurement showing he was a better hc than Richt and that’s why like golden you just point to “the cloud” without providing anything of substance.

Advertisement
You are sounding like a Gator fan here. FSU has a solid class. Is it our class? Nooooo but they have a solid class. Absolutely horrid it is not.
Nolies top 4 players rated are legit..the next 3 are okay and remaining no thanks.

Nolies top 4 players rated are legit..the next 3 are okay and remaining no thanks.
One of them was QBs who was good enough to be pledged to Taint… like I said it’s not our class but to all of a sudden say it’s absolutely abysmal just isn’t correct. They have a good class that when probably finished will be in the top 10-15 range.

One of them was QBs who was good enough to be pledged to Taint… like I said it’s not our class but to all of a sudden say it’s absolutely abysmal just isn’t correct. They have a good class that when probably finished will be in the top 10-15 range.
So, an Al golden style class? I mean, that range looks good on paper, but will hurt them in the long run

So, an Al golden style class? I mean, that range looks good on paper, but will hurt them in the long run
Hurt them in terms of a quest to be elite? I would agree with that but I said solid and they can be solid if they bring in that type of talent. Where we get side tracked with saying things like it’s a Manny or Golden class is that Manny and Golden had decent classes, when looking at raw prospects, their issues were developing them. Now that may happen with FSU and their class but in general, that looks like a class of a top 25 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back