2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I totally understand a kid not wanting to play for this version of Miami, but I don't understand why kids would be willing to be the break glass in case of emergency option for a team they do not have any emotional ties to. Kid could pick any one of 20 top notch schools and commit to them today and they would be thrilled.
He want to be in them backwoods town so bad he can taste it !!

He's getting the 2nd option treatment from Bama
And he appears to be good with that. That kind of seems like a 🚩 to me.

Someone mentioned that these AH guys see themselves as the next Surtain. That might be true, but it’s crazy thinking because they haven’t had another Surtain since he left. Most of those guys have wound up being okay, but they haven’t had another Surtain. I’ve seen Surtain and Damari, and I’m pretty sure Damari isn’t the next Surtain.

And this **** with former players and their legacy kids wanting to play for Alabama (understandable) is pretty sickening to me.

And this **** with former players and their legacy kids wanting to play for Alabama (understandable) is pretty sickening to me.
if my son is good enough to play at Bama that’s an honor. But to wear a saban straw hat at the announcement is a new low. No chance in **** would I be doing such a thing

Advertisement

Someone mentioned that these AH guys see themselves as the next Surtain. That might be true, but it’s crazy thinking because they haven’t had another Surtain since he left. Most of those guys have wound up being okay, but they haven’t had another Surtain. I’ve seen Surtain and Damari, and I’m pretty sure Damari isn’t the next Surtain.

Does anyone remember that kid from Spanish River who took the Grey shirt instead of the Miami/FSU offer?

I think he eventually ended up transferring elsewhere after not playing a down in Alabama over a 4-year period.

theyve won a million titles since saban got there. they send a ton of kids to the next level. youre sickened that kids want to play for bama? its no diff than when miami was NFL U and kids would flock here to get to the pros. if and when the canes are great again, youll see the same here. kids play for winners and where they see they can best get to the NFL. right now, its bama and now UGA.

Joseph is a much better athlete than Brown is.

He should’ve been a priority for this class since this team is majorly lacking athletes.

Really poor choice.
Have we completely moved on from Joseph? Any chance we get back in it?

Advertisement
What's up with Edwin Joseph? I'm getting Golden vibes with this cycle. Trying to hit on the big names guys, while ****ing off our backup options and then having to settle for contingency guys.

I trust in Mario with recruiting--just remembering the most common plot structure from Golden years recruiting stories. Manny didn't even bother trying to hit on big fish.

What's up with Edwin Joseph? I'm getting Golden vibes with this cycle. Trying to hit on the big names guys, while ****ing off our backup options and then having to settle for contingency guys.

I trust in Mario with recruiting--just remembering the most common plot structure from Golden years recruiting stories. Manny didn't even bother trying to hit on big fish.

Big difference is that we have actually hit on a lot of the big names.

It’s only golden vibes if he’s our top CB recruit. If this kid is our 3rd/4th Cb recruit, then it’s very different

Advertisement
Brown is absolutely getting slow-played by tricky Nick Saban. Alabama has 23 commits, including 4 DBs and is in on a bunch of other prospects.
He clearly doesn’t care.

Bain is at Iron Bowl today- Brown not listed as a visitor from what I saw.

Advertisement

We landed the top CB in the class and you’re getting Golden vibes???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back