2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is physical and fast but my understanding is regardless of him playing both ways, he needs work at CB. He plays both ways because he is the best athlete on the team.
Every player needs to work, they are high school players. Project to me is when the player doesnt understand the position yet. This is not the case here. He has good CB film.

Advertisement
I dont like DBs who dont play the ball and for me he doesn't do it often enough. He is decent at blanketing someone but i want CBs who want the ball
Couch and Ivey a lot of times are in phase but they are horrific at playing the ball. They get mossed a lot. They look like they’ve never played receiver

Advertisement
Insane how Addae and DVD have completely flipped the trajectory of the CB room. Went from saying I like the potential of Graves, Curtis, Rogers to this might be a strength of the team soon with Money McClain, Stafford and hopefully Brown. Awesome work.

Don't forget Jackson now that he's reclassified to 2023. I think the plan when they took the commit was CB (though he could also end up at safety). That's three in the boat with a big fish (Brown) circling the line.

Couch and Ivey a lot of times are in phase but they are horrific at playing the ball. They get mossed a lot. They look like they’ve never played receiver

I have noticed that with the play in front of them, both of them (and especially Couch) can make a decent break on the ball and play the ball for the PBU. But once they've turned their hips and are downfield in coverage, they struggle big time to turn, locate the ball, and make any play on it in phase. I'm not sure if it's pure lack of ball skills, lack of feel/timing for when the ball is arriving, or just a straight fear that they'll lose the WR if/when they turn for the football. But the result is exactly like you said, they seem to get Mossed a lot on plays where they're either turning around late or not at all.

Advertisement
We all know he has limitations, youre moving the goal posts like a CIS vet in your 2nd ever post.

His play has been much improved and we’ve all heard the complaints about him as a player many times.

Even if you think he sucks, I’m sure you came to that conclusion before today so let’s move on instead of beating a dead horse for the millionth time.
lol ok yeah we've known for two years he's below average. Not sure how that's moving the goalposts. Imagine number of posts mattered.

From Ivins interview with him:

While it's clear that Brown is high on Miami, it also sounds like he's feeling the Crimson Tide a bit after spending some time in Tuscaloosa on an official visit back in June and then returning last month for a game.

"Coach [Travaris Robinson] is just a genuine real guy that keeps it real," Brown noted. "He’s just letting me know that there’s a good opportunity to come in and play at Alabama. They are losing two corners and they don’t have any true corners committed right now. They need to take two. Coach [Nick] Saban has also been emphasizing that he likes me size. He thinks he can develop me and get me to the next level.”

Brown is entertaining the idea of returning to campus for the Iron Bowl, although that trip likely depends on what happens with his team's playoff run. Speaking of American Heritage, that's also a big reason why he's so interested in Alabama as he has heard nothing but good things from Pat Surtain Jr. and Earl Little Jr. about Saban.

“I think it would be good to play with Earl," Brown said. "He’s telling me to come on and to just make that decision. I know he’s in a good spot there, just working hard after he got back from an injury. They like him and the mindset we all have at Heritage. We are bred differently here. I feel like I can shine wherever I go and ‘Bama is a place where the top dogs get developed and taken to the next level."

FSU is also still very much alive in the recruitment.

"It’s just the fight that program has," Brown said. "Coach [Mike] Norvell is a hardworking coach. He’s going to push all his players because he wants the best for everybody around him. Coach [Marcus] Woodson, our relationship is good, too. He’s a down to earth coach. Coach Randy Shannon, obviously, that relationship will always be good because he played with my dad. That’s just a place where I could come in and play early."

As for a decision?

No date has been set, but Brown believes likely the first day of the Early Signing Period, which starts Dec. 21st and runs through Dec. 23rd.

Advertisement

While it's clear that Brown is high on Miami, it also sounds like he's feeling the Crimson Tide a bit after spending some time in Tuscaloosa on an official visit back in June and then returning last month for a game.

"Coach [Travaris Robinson] is just a genuine real guy that keeps it real," Brown noted. "He’s just letting me know that there’s a good opportunity to come in and play at Alabama. They are losing two corners and they don’t have any true corners committed right now. They need to take two. Coach [Nick] Saban has also been emphasizing that he likes me size. He thinks he can develop me and get me to the next level.”

Brown is entertaining the idea of returning to campus for the Iron Bowl, although that trip likely depends on what happens with his team's playoff run. Speaking of American Heritage, that's also a big reason why he's so interested in Alabama as he has heard nothing but good things from Pat Surtain Jr. and Earl Little Jr. about Saban.

“I think it would be good to play with Earl," Brown said. "He’s telling me to come on and to just make that decision. I know he’s in a good spot there, just working hard after he got back from an injury. They like him and the mindset we all have at Heritage. We are bred differently here. I feel like I can shine wherever I go and ‘Bama is a place where the top dogs get developed and taken to the next level."

"It’s just the fight that program has," Brown said. "Coach [Mike] Norvell is a hardworking coach. He’s going to push all his players because he wants the best for everybody around him. Coach [Marcus] Woodson, our relationship is good, too. He’s a down to earth coach. Coach Randy Shannon, obviously, that relationship will always be good because he played with my dad. That’s just a place where I could come in and play early."

As for a decision?

No date has been set, but Brown believes likely the first day of the Early Signing Period, which starts Dec. 21st and runs through Dec. 23rd.
Sounds like FSU is meh there.

Bama or Miami. if he’s given the green light on the former, I’m leaning Bama ever so slightly but we’ll be fine either way.

As for a decision?

Bama striking out on their top targets might open the door for him to have a committable offer

Advertisement

As for a decision?

Miami - the place where legacy players go elsewhere.

Not that it’s the case with Brown yet but AH, Bama and corners usually = No Miami.

T-Rob is so genuine that he stabbed Miami in the back and lied to Mario.

We will find out soon enough one way or another. Hoping Mario & staff gets this done.

Last edited:
Miami - the place where legacy players go elsewhere.

Not that it’s the case with Brown yet but AH, Bama and corners usually = No Miami.

T-Rob is so genuine that he stabbed Miami in the back and lied to Mario.

We will find out soon enough one way or another. Hoping Mario & staff gets this done.
He genuinely stabbed him the back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back