2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of name is Gaby anyway?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Advertisement
They be mad at Gaby for talkin and then mad at him for not talkin lol

Yeah, I get it. I'm not a Gaby fan, but I also try not to crap on him too hard.

The main issues I have with him are on some of the wacky things he reports ("I looked inside the Hecht and I saw the UM coaches giving this recruit one of the biggest greetings I've ever seen"), him listing too many recruit names, and too soon, when he's been asked not to, and him getting in silly fights with his own subscribers.

But I realize he's young, he tries a lot, and he's going to make a few mistakes along the way.

Advertisement
Gaby will just say he was told to keep quiet if it happens tonight. The dude has zero sources and I kind of feel for him in a way.
what if the kid told Gaby to keep it quiet and Gaby is just trying to give him his moment. I prefer to be a little more deferential to gaby. in my mind he is just a guy trying to do a job which is in some respects for us. he isn't Fong or some of the other more experienced guys...so it is what it is.

Advertisement
Bro spot on. We are used to getting 3rd and 4th options and forcing them to be the #1. Feels legit to finally get a true #1.

I mean ****, we all remember the CB recruiting of the 2018 class.

**** yea I do & it’s shown up on the field to remind us every week.

Advertisement
Don’t think Gaby is wrong here.

Why?

If I were to weigh all of the other indications of "confidence" in a commit (coaches sending out signs, other internet/podcast guys sending out signs) against Gaby's "conservative" approach, and given Gaby's track record...

Again, anything can happen. I am fine with Gaby hedging, that is his right as an American. I just don't see why our fans are so desperate to validate Gaby for being "right" about this. Even with no knowledge whatsoever, anyone has a 50-50 chance of guessing right. If Damari drops a Top 3 tonight, that doesn't mean Gaby actually knew anything.

I'm not worried here. I don't care if Damari picks Miami tonight or in a month. But the calendar indicates that there are only six shopping weeks left before December Signing Day, so there aren't a lot of alternate dates remaining on which to make an announcement.

The kid has been a UM legacy for 18 years. Not sure why everyone thinks he needs some conservative "Top 10, down to Top 5, down to Top 3, followed by a final choice" announcement calendar. If he wants to come to UM, he can announce that any time, he doesn't need to take a tour of the UM dorms for the tenth time in his life.

Advertisement
Why?

If I were to weigh all of the other indications of "confidence" in a commit (coaches sending out signs, other internet/podcast guys sending out signs) against Gaby's "conservative" approach, and given Gaby's track record...

Again, anything can happen. I am fine with Gaby hedging, that is his right as an American. I just don't see why our fans are so desperate to validate Gaby for being "right" about this. Even with no knowledge whatsoever, anyone has a 50-50 chance of guessing right. If Damari drops a Top 3 tonight, that doesn't mean Gaby actually knew anything.

I'm not worried here. I don't care if Damari picks Miami tonight or in a month. But the calendar indicates that there are only six shopping weeks left before December Signing Day, so there aren't a lot of alternate dates remaining on which to make an announcement.

The kid has been a UM legacy for 18 years. Not sure why everyone thinks he needs some conservative "Top 10, down to Top 5, down to Top 3, followed by a final choice" announcement calendar. If he wants to come to UM, he can announce that any time, he doesn't need to take a tour of the UM dorms for the tenth time in his life.
6 more drinking weeks

Why?

Hedging is a right as an American???

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back