2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup and their recruiting the position also shows the need for guys. Bryant and the stud from Georgia will immediately contribute. Some people ( not you) think you just need coaches and they can turn average football players into a 10 win team. We stink clearly. When you look at the recruiting class there’s players at every position that will elevate the talent we lack.
Exactly can’t put blame on the coaches for our lb play
It is probably the weakest recruited position on this team
But at the same time I feel Mario needed to hit the portal Harder at lb like he did dline
But Steele is recruiting like a g this year
Can’t say that about any other position on defense though

Advertisement
He’s still better than any current lb on this roster
As if those MLBers didn't play against spread offenses...and to be honest, your Outside LBers would be more crucial than MLBers, and that being the case, Darrin Smith and others would make a mockery of any spread....that 1991 & 92 LBing corp...would still lay waste to any system they'd throw against them today.....30yrs later.

The style of linebacker that is needed to defend 2022 offenses is dramatically different than the style of linebacker the majority of those guys were/are.
Please dont tell us that you think Flagg is better suited to play against a 2022 offense than any of those guys.

Reactions: jsy
As if those MLBers didn't play against spread offenses...and to be honest, your Outside LBers would be more crucial than MLBers, and that being the case, Darrin Smith and others would make a mockery of any spread.
Exactly man
Those lbs are ideal for todays game
Bc they had the speed and burst to play all 3 downs
Didn’t have to substitute
Collins issue was he would be called for targeting every game if he played today

Exactly man
Those lbs are ideal for todays game
Bc they had the speed and burst to play all 3 downs
Didn’t have to substitute
Collins issue was he would be called for targeting every game if he played today
It's not only the best UM LBer corps ever...they're the best I've ever seen. Hate to say it but, FSUs LBing corps those same yrs (Brooks, Carruthers, and Shadetree) would as well.

Advertisement
No really...he's decent against the run and atrocious against the pass or any time he needs to play in space. Thats not an agenda thats just reality
We all know he has limitations, youre moving the goal posts like a CIS vet in your 2nd ever post.

His play has been much improved and we’ve all heard the complaints about him as a player many times.

Even if you think he sucks, I’m sure you came to that conclusion before today so let’s move on instead of beating a dead horse for the millionth time.

Flagg isnt an All Acc caliber LB but hes absolutely playing better than what is being reported on here by posters. Mario has already proven he will play the guys who make plays. (Colbie Young basically turning into our #1 WR overnight) So if the LBs behind Flagg were better, I think Mario would be playing them.
I'll defer to Charlie Strong on that. I admitted that Flagg play level has stepped up....he isnt our legendary back level...or even Shaq Quarterman early level but he has been a positive out there. The little ive seen of Johnson has been inconsistent and he has been put int he mix even worse than Flag in the open field. That is his competition for playing time.

Wes B...or any other backers need not be mentioned with Flagg imo

I keep forgetting Shannon is in Tally.
Shannon beat us for the older brother. He is now being recruited by Shannon and SANTANA MOSS's cousin to tally its crazy how this kid is so much intertwined with the canes as a legacy and cane connections recruiting him..

Damari Brown needs to be a WIN....Mario personally needs to land him....he fits what we need at cb, is a legacy, and honestly would challenge for pt as a freshman.

Advertisement
Please dont tell us that you think Flagg is better suited to play against a 2022 offense than any of those guys.
My point that I poorly was trying to make is that you don’t need a 6’2 240 thumper in the middle of the defense like you definitely did when those guys played. The prototypical linebacker, size wise is not what it used to be.

Advertisement
My god pops can’t be lovin that
Clint Eastwood Coffee GIF

He gotta be thinking

Corey has gotten better every game. Anyone hating on his play right now has an agenda

Nah, it's just calling a spade a spade. No agenda involved.

Playing every game just means he was putrid to begin with. He's mediocre and his ceiling is mediocre.

That' no hating and I'm not saying we have anyone better (I am saying Johnson looks better in space to me, adittedly he may struggle elsewhere and it's just my opinion to begin with)...So Flagg is our starter and I root for him. But he is not good. Don't ever confuse him with good.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back