NFL Damar Hamlin - Bills & Former Pitt Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sitting here thinking about the entertainment factor of football players vs. their compensation vs. their risk factor.

These guys’ pay day compared to other athletes is off af in light of their risk factor by comparison. Seeing Futbol players making 5x the amount of football players w/o the same risks is crazy; & I get it, Futbol is a global phenomenon, but even seeing baseball, & basketball players making way more than the avg. football player, who are playing for the #1 sport in America is wild.
Every time I watch football, I said the exact same thing.
My wife watches and says “how are there not a broken bone on every play”.
This is going to turn the league in its head.
When basketball’s players got that huge increase in salary a few years ago i thought the nfl was gonna have to pony up.
These billionaires better recognize.

And to top it off the nfl has a farm system that they don’t pay for that makes billions as well where young men are placed in the same risk.

This why I laugh at people when they talk about how bad nil is.

Really mf!! You out there flying your body across?

Advertisement
Soon as you stop with videos from "verified doctors clearly stating that it had nothing to do with vaccination".

Hilarious how self-righteous this line of thinking is.

Anyone who asks questions is immediately an anti-vaxx, conspiracy theorist Trumper—despite Sudden Adult Death Syndrome only becoming a thing since the vaccine.

The NFL forced some of the healthiest athletic specimens on the planet to take a shot to go back to work—a shot that is proven flawed in countless ways.

Godforbid this heart attack was tied to that, the NFL will have a monster-sized lawsuit on its hands—so of course one can easily find videos of those in the medical community trying to debunk this, as they're all on record as siding with forced vaccinations.
I'm so done with this nonsense...

Dale Earnhardt's crash didn't look that bad compared to lots of other crashes (cars flying and spinning through the air and disintegrating) I've seen, yet the guys walked away from the ones that looked worse. Sometimes it's as much location as how hard the impact is.
I agree it didn’t look bad. But there was no other possible cause of his death other than the crash in that case. There are other possible root causes other than the hit itself in this situation that caused his cardiac arrest. I am merely pointing out that every conclusion other than his doctors’ is speculation at this point, and should be treated as such.

Advertisement
I know for baseball, where these injuries actually happen more often, players can wear what is baskically a T-shirt with a pad that goes over the heart.
Yes. My 12 year old used to wear it then stopped wearing it because it affected his performance/flexibility when pitching.

That sh*+ is going back on when the new season starts.

Let's be honest, though. NIL isn't about taking care of athletes who are risking their bodies. It is about rich boosters trying to make their teams better.
Your correct. But that’s not my point.
My point is you have people criticizing players for getting money without taking into consideration what they’re doing out there.

I think I’ve told this story before on here.
I had a 42 year old man come to the ER complaining of neck pain that’s been getting worse. He said he had neck pain in and off for 20 years.

I ordered and X-ray and I saw a c-spine that looked like the dude was 70 years old.

I asked him what he did for work and he said he drove a truck. I then asked him if he ever did anything stressful that would hurt his neck. He said he played linebacker at Georgia.

I’ve never played but it’s confusing to me how people don’t understand the brutality and violence of this sport while watching it on TV.
And then criticize them for getting paid in college

Advertisement
It's pathetic

You spelled predictable wrong…

I watched online videos saying so and came running in to tell you about it …

Meanwhile the charity response is fantastic to see and I’m hoping for more positive reports from his family.

Updates indicate Damar's still in critical condition.
Hopefully he's somewhat stable and he'll pull through.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but I was reminded of the Hank Gathers tragedy last night.

For those who don't know, Gathers was a guard for Loyola Marymount.
He collapsed mid court during the conference tourney game, sat up for a moment, then collapsed again and died.

Advertisement
Updates indicate Damar's still in critical condition.
Hopefully he's somewhat stable and he'll pull through.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but I was reminded of the Hank Gathers tragedy last night.

For those who don't know, Gathers was a guard for Loyola Marymount.
He collapsed mid court during the conference tourney game, sat up for a moment, then collapsed again and died.

I remember that. What an entertaining team to watch.

Another one was Flo Hyman who was on the US women's national volleyball team and collapsed on the court and died from marfan syndrome.

Football related post moved to "Off-Topic" and "CIS Censorship" post remains on Eye in the Sky. Bad apples

Advertisement
Football related post moved to "Off-Topic" and "CIS Censorship" post remains on Eye in the Sky. Bad apples

Eye in the Sky is the board for "Miami Hurricanes Football Discussion". If it's NFL-related and doesn't involve a former UM player, we usually push it here eventually. When it goes off the deep end, we push it sooner.

Your point about CIS Censorship is valid, though. I'll move that one out, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back