Damage Control

poncho0091

Senior
Golden and the admin appear to be on serious damage control right now. I'm willing to bet they pulled the threats out on these reporters as well with the old anymore negative reports and you won't be getting interviews. Lots of one on one interviews to keep Golden from getting overwhelmed. No hard hitting questions from these same clowns who were just murdering him in their articles.

Anyone else think the university is starting to strong arm local media members?

Last edited:
Advertisement
What I don't get is, if the media doesn't get those interviews etc. Wouldn't they take a hit as they aren't talking about UM therefore not putting the brand out there?

They're absolutely hand-picking the weakest shills for these one on one interviews and setting the agenda. If they approach you to interview Folden you should pretty much know you're a bottom off the barrel, softball lobbing hack. You're someone UM knows it can bully.

What I don't get is, if the media doesn't get those interviews etc. Wouldn't they take a hit as they aren't talking about UM therefore not putting the brand out there?

The sports writer need that story more than UM needs those sports writers imo.

Advertisement

The sports writer need that story more than UM needs those sports writers imo.

Exactly which is why our ****** beat rexporters are more than happy to bend over for UM. UM is the most bizarrely secretive, media unfriendly school I've seen. Probably because there is so much corruption internally. But you know **** well UM is threatening these publications to run pro Golden stories or they're not getting info. North Korea Gables.

If they are, which I think they would be with certain people by giving them special access, it will blow in their face sooner rather than later and they'll abandon that policy.

Manny and Omar were the harshest Golden/Miami critics until this week. The school would probably try the honey approach rather than intimidation to get their way because at this point they might need the positive media more than some writers need stories. If that is what they're doing, it wont last very long.

Advertisement
Back