Dalvin Cook vs Christian McCaffrey

I was disappointed in McCaffrey this season. Late in 2014 I thought he had ultra freakish ability, potentially the best white skill player in decades. Nobody knew about him since he was used sparingly. But his occasional touches were absolutely jaw dropping. He was at a higher level than Dalvin Cook at that point, a higher level than Cook will ever achieve.

In 2015 McCaffrey bulked up due to the radically increased work load. It may have been necessary and logical but he's simply not the same guy. I actually heard once commentator say that McCaffrey doesn't project to NFL star since he doesn't make enough people miss. That type of remark would have been unthinkable during fall 2014.

Yeah with his leading in all-purpose yards by a 400 yard margin and the second most ever in a season behind only Barry Sanders. Plus being a top 4 Heisman candidate. Extremely disappointing. :monkey-serious:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not the highlights I seen... McCaffrey has probably the best vision in college besides Nick Chubb.

Cook is an animal. He HAS to have space to be as effective as possible. He has everything he needs to thrive.

Advertisement
I was disappointed in McCaffrey this season. Late in 2014 I thought he had ultra freakish ability, potentially the best white skill player in decades. Nobody knew about him since he was used sparingly. But his occasional touches were absolutely jaw dropping. He was at a higher level than Dalvin Cook at that point, a higher level than Cook will ever achieve.

In 2015 McCaffrey bulked up due to the radically increased work load. It may have been necessary and logical but he's simply not the same guy. I actually heard once commentator say that McCaffrey doesn't project to NFL star since he doesn't make enough people miss. That type of remark would have been unthinkable during fall 2014.

Wow....

So late in 2014 McCaffrey played better than Cook EVER will?

McCaffrey's last 5 games in 2014:

O tds and 207 yds total offense (41 ypg)...Cook won't ever play better than that? Lmao...

Cook is already the best back FSU has ever had, but that's really not saying a whole lot. With that being said, he's truly a very special football player.

Advertisement
Back